Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lone Wolf boots. Fit true to size?

Colin G

One Too Many
On the new Mechanic boots, you would go down a half size from a Brannock measure. We have all sizes in stock right now, but my crystal ball for future ordering has never worked very well. ;-)

Well, my crystal ball is broken!

Ok, I'll check back with you at the end of the month. Looks like a 1/2 size down on new Mechanic boots in black is what I am after. I am also waiting for you guys to get your Buzz Rickson A-10 gloves back in stock in a size 8 1/2. Think they will be back in stock by the end of January?

2019 is boots and gloves for me, but I sure wish Buzz Rickson still made the jacket Ton just picked up. It is damn beautiful.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Well, my crystal ball is broken!

Ok, I'll check back with you at the end of the month. Looks like a 1/2 size down on new Mechanic boots in black is what I am after. I am also waiting for you guys to get your Buzz Rickson A-10 gloves back in stock in a size 8 1/2. Think they will be back in stock by the end of January?

2019 is boots and gloves for me, but I sure wish Buzz Rickson still made the jacket Ton just picked up. It is damn beautiful.

Well, the A-10 subject is not good, I'm very sorry to say. BR did not produce these for the 2018-19 FW season, hence why we've been so depleted: we've been existing off of 2017-18 stock and we have about 3 gloves left. We'll know if the A-10 makes a comeback for 2019 FW season as soon as the 3rd week of Feb. and as late as May.

I don't know if the absence of the A-10 is indicative of some manufacturing/supply issues or just a decline in popularity in Japan.

Colin G

One Too Many
DSC_0141.JPG
DSC_0142.JPG
Guys, I just got home for my lunch break and the Lone Wolf Woodcutter boots were waiting for me on my doorstep.

I snapped some quick pics for you since what kind of TFL member would I be if I did not instantly take pictures of my new score.

They fit so far and will try them out later when I get home at the end of the day. Don't really have time right now to try them so here are some pics.

Colin G

One Too Many
More pics.
DSC_0144.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG

Initial impressions are good. Quality is excellent with a sturdy build and really nice leather. The sole has a rocker to it and felt a bit odd at first but I got used to it quickly. The E width is nice and not overly wide and the fit is good on width. I hover between a D width and an E on my right foot.

I'd say any comments about these fitting a size smaller than your regular shoe size is somewhat correct. These are closer to an 8 1/2 than a 9 so I am going to send them back and swap for the 8 1/2.

Last edited:

Colin G

One Too Many
Update. Size 8 1/2 arrived and fit is perfect for length, but a bit wide due to the standard E width. Once they loosen up a bit a nice thin insole will help.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass