Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lookie what I gots!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Bud-n-Texas said:
Dean the photo you posted looks a bit like mine. I can not pull off the flat brim standard homburg. So I developed my own style. Some of the purist around here were very offended, such is life.
Great look! Hope you won't mind if I give a variation of your design a try - pinched, brim down in the back, but still remaining flat. Think that's possible?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bud, I love what you've done with your homburg! I really think a bit of "bow" in the brim plus the crown bash works! The more I move toward my goal of modifying BCF hats and offering them to interested parties the more I realize that pinch, bash, ribbon, bow, and brim treatment can truly add to a modest hat to say nothing of the more expensive ones. I'm working on one right now for a Lounger with a 7 5/8 size that I hope will be one of his favorite beaters. I feel like calling them a Deanglen Twenty- Five, or Fourty-five, depending on the degree of cheap BCF fur felt I begin with. I figure as long as you have the pencil roll brim on the homburg, be creative with the crown.

dean

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Thanks to all for the kind words

The hat is now a style that I can and do wear. Another Lounger calls it the "Texas Treatment".
Dean, I would like to see one of your Deanglen Twenty-Five, or Forty-five editions. Good Luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters