Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Levi's LVC 1930's Menlo "Skyfall" leather jacket in S or M

emdub

New in Town
Hey there! I had one of these jackets and I can give you a firsthand review.

The leather is beautiful--it's supple and soft and the texture adds to the jacket's vintage look-and-feel. Unfortunately, the jacket looks a lot better than it fits and feels. I'm not sure if the problem was the jacket's construction or its design, but the soft leather draped across my shoulders, and the sleeves hung and bunched at the wrists. I felt like I was wearing a wet gym towel.

The jacket's weight was also problematic--it was too heavy to be a lightweight summer jacket, but it wasn't thick enough to stay warm in winter. Since the leather is almost suede, I couldn't get it wet. Another issue was the sizing--the jacket was only available in S / M / L / XL sizes, so if you have long arms but a narrow chest, you're forced to choose between sleeves that are too short or a chest that's too big.

It felt cheap, fit poorly, looked sloppy, and I sold it almost immediately after I bought it. The only reason the jacket is a sought-after piece is its Skyfall fame so if you want a good leather jacket, I'd choose something different. If you do opt to buy one, I strongly recommend making sure you can return it. The LVC Menlo jackets tend to go for over $1000 on eBay; you can get a much better-built jacket with a proper fit for a lot less.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hey there! I had one of these jackets and I can give you a firsthand review.

The leather is beautiful--it's supple and soft and the texture adds to the jacket's vintage look-and-feel. Unfortunately, the jacket looks a lot better than it fits and feels. I'm not sure if the problem was the jacket's construction or its design, but the soft leather draped across my shoulders, and the sleeves hung and bunched at the wrists. I felt like I was wearing a wet gym towel.

The jacket's weight was also problematic--it was too heavy to be a lightweight summer jacket, but it wasn't thick enough to stay warm in winter. Since the leather is almost suede, I couldn't get it wet. Another issue was the sizing--the jacket was only available in S / M / L / XL sizes, so if you have long arms but a narrow chest, you're forced to choose between sleeves that are too short or a chest that's too big.

It felt cheap, fit poorly, looked sloppy, and I sold it almost immediately after I bought it. The only reason the jacket is a sought-after piece is its Skyfall fame so if you want a good leather jacket, I'd choose something different. If you do opt to buy one, I strongly recommend making sure you can return it. The LVC Menlo jackets tend to go for over $1000 on eBay; you can get a much better-built jacket with a proper fit for a lot less.
I disagree on many point. I've got both the skyfall jacket and a very rare women's version of it. I was expecting something crappy but was surprised by its quality. Very well made and I love the distressing. Fit is great, it drapes very well. If you're looking for a heavyweight horsehide jacket, this is not it. If you're looking for something special that looks effortlessly cool, this is it.

This is the women's version. I think I'll write a review on both the jackets this weekend. I'll explain in detail what's so cool about them.

@pauleway Mine is a Small and I might consider selling if you're interested.

8E2A50A8-D07B-440F-835C-26AFDE6F124F.jpeg

pauleway

Practically Family
I disagree on many point. I've got both the skyfall jacket and a very rare women's version of it. I was expecting something crappy but was surprised by its quality. Very well made and I love the distressing. Fit is great, it drapes very well. If you're looking for a heavyweight horsehide jacket, this is not it. If you're looking for something special that looks effortlessly cool, this is it.

This is the women's version. I think I'll write a review on both the jackets this weekend. I'll explain in detail what's so cool about them.

@pauleway Mine is a Small and I might consider selling if you're interested.

View attachment 318693

If your Levi's skyfall jacket is a "Men's" Small (Not Women's version), I am interested. Please e-mail me with some details and we can go from there!

pauleway

Practically Family
The Levi's Menlo "Skyfall" jacket is also worn by Tim Allen in the sitcom "Last Man Standing" in the first few episodes of season #1!

JacketLove

New in Town
I know this is an old thread from a few months back but I’ve also posted about looking for the Levi’s Menlo in a Small so if anyone else is interested in selling I’m more than willing to buy!

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I know this is an old thread from a few months back but I’ve also posted about looking for the Levi’s Menlo in a Small so if anyone else is interested in selling I’m more than willing to buy!
My advice would be to make sure you do plenty of research first. I wanted one of these in a small so badly until I started reading all of the Menlo's bad reviews, both in terms of construction and sizing. But then again, if you've got the money, go for it. Either way, good luck!

JacketLove

New in Town
Thank you for this helpful advice! I’ve owned one before but sold it on at the time. I now regret this and would like another. I’ve also already had two attempted scammers emailing me through this forum so everyone beware! This has been reported to the forum administrators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko