Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for photos of 1920s Fedoras

Clockwork Fan

New in Town
I'm looking to have a hat made to resemble the style of fedoras that were popular in the late 20s. The brim was around 2.25" and the crown was tall. And the crown only has a center dent and no pinching. Looks almost like a homburg with a snap brim. If anyone can post pictures of that style I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

vinnysolferino

New in Town
1920's hats photos

I'm looking to have a hat made to resemble the style of fedoras that were popular in the late 20s. The brim was around 2.25" and the crown was tall. And the crown only has a center dent and no pinching. Looks almost like a homburg with a snap brim. If anyone can post pictures of that style I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

there is a thread on the fedora lounge showing hats fedora styles from the 1920's onward. early stetson, knox, dobbs, disney and other firms had great examples of the description you gave. some had reeded sweatbands and some very early models came with unreeded sweatbands. my personal favorite from this era is the Solferino firm out of Italy. The hat band is very broad, like 2 to 2.5 inches high, croawn 5 inches 2.25 inch brim. Other firms had hats with crown heights of 5-6 inches that flared outward as they rose, with the centerdent you desire. this feature really accentuates the look of the era. think about having you hat made with as close to a cavanaugh or mode eadge as possible. this is very hard if not impossible to do with most hatmakers. try optimo hats in chicago first. if they can't ask ed fawcett hats, or any other firm to make the hat with an underwelt brim edge smoothed out as much as they can. look up solferino hats on the lounge and you may see pictures of the jet black beaver hat I'm mentioning. very fine indeed. only one I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou