Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Titainium Doxide free Foundation

Blondie

Practically Family
Hey ladies,
i find titainium dioxide & bismuth really make my skin itch,
i was wondering if anyones knows of a foundation ( cream, liquid or mineral)
that doesn't contain these 2 ingredients,
have done a google search,
but pretty much came up empty handed,
the one brand i did find i bought a few samples from
www.rejuvaminerals.com
but their mineral foundation doesnt provide me with enough coverage,
Any suggestions ??

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
I haven't found any other brands that do not have both of them in there. Many will cut out bismuth but will not take out the titainium dioxide because it is the main ingredient that provides good coverage and tinting. That is probably why it isn't covering as well as you would like it to. Hopefully someone will come with another brand because many people have reactions to them.

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Hi Blondie....
There is no such thing as foundation that is %100 percent free of TD! (At least that I'm aware of) There are, however, foundations where TD is not the main ingredient, therefore it contains a minimal amount. The amount is usually very small, and not enough to cause you any problems.

I've never liked mineral makeup of any kind, that's just me. I've found that women either love it or hate it. Some swear by it and once they try it, never go back, then there's gals like me who wouldn't use the stuff if it was the last makeup on earth.

I would love to help you, but can you tell me....are you looking for a department store, higher dollar brand or good 'ol drugstore buy?
Please let me know. I have some suggestions for you I just need to know what your preferences are.

If you have any other ?'s, fire away, makeup is my passion and I absolutely love to chat about it, especially when I can help someone!

Naama

Practically Family
Wow, what make up can teach you about chemistry :)

So, I don't know that much about make up (only know how to use it) but maybe you should check out some organic make up? I don't know how it is in the states, but over here most organic stores have also a lot of make up, different brands, and maybe you could find something there? But I'm not sure, I don't use that stuff, my sister buys those stuff, when I see her the next time, I will ask her.

Naama

Blondie

Practically Family
hotrodmama0201 said:
Hi Blondie....
There is no such thing as foundation that is %100 percent free of TD! (At least that I'm aware of) There are, however, foundations where TD is not the main ingredient, therefore it contains a minimal amount. The amount is usually very small, and not enough to cause you any problems.

I've never liked mineral makeup of any kind, that's just me. I've found that women either love it or hate it. Some swear by it and once they try it, never go back, then there's gals like me who wouldn't use the stuff if it was the last makeup on earth.

I would love to help you, but can you tell me....are you looking for a department store, higher dollar brand or good 'ol drugstore buy?
Please let me know. I have some suggestions for you I just need to know what your preferences are.

If you have any other ?'s, fire away, makeup is my passion and I absolutely love to chat about it, especially when I can help someone!

I don't really mind about the price,
it's finding something that doesnt itch my skin or make it feal like it's burning,
Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!!!

Mary

Practically Family
I'm very curious to! I tried some everyday mineral make-up and it felt slightly itchy but I thought it might not have something to do with the product. I will try some of the foundations again cause everbody gives it such raving reviews. But if it keeps on irritating me I have to find something. :(

M

PS

A-List Customer
may i suggest contacting Mary at Camerareadycosmetics.com, she may have something that fits your needs or could point you in the right direction.

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Blondie said:
I don't really mind about the price,
it's finding something that doesnt itch my skin or make it feal like it's burning,
Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!!!

Blondie, I forgot to ask before? How did you come to the conclusion that it is definitely the TD that is causing the problem? Did a dermatologist tell you? I was just wondering. Can you give me a quick rundown of what products you have tried?

Blondie

Practically Family
I have tried and tested so many foundations,
some don't itch as bad as others,
so it was narrowing down the ingredients,
it seems to only really annoy me in mineral foundations so i bought samples from different companies that were bismuth free,
and guess what ? still itched badly,
so tried the bismuth free and t.o free one that i mentioned in the first post,
no itching, no burned feeling and no coverage wahhhhhhhhhhh !

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Blondie said:
I have tried and tested so many foundations,
some don't itch as bad as others,
so it was narrowing down the ingredients,
it seems to only really annoy me in mineral foundations so i bought samples from different companies that were bismuth free,
and guess what ? still itched badly,
so tried the bismuth free and t.o free one that i mentioned in the first post,
no itching, no burned feeling and no coverage wahhhhhhhhhhh !

Ok, well I think your problem may not be Titanium Dioxide. If it is, then unfortunately you may not be able to use most foundations, because like I said before, there is no such thing as absolutely 100% TD-free.
I really think your problem may be perfumes, lanolin, petrolatum, mineral oil or any other harsh additives, etc.
Essentially, Titanium Dioxide is really just a sunscreen. Do you react to putting on sunscreen lotion on? If not, I really doubt TD is the issue at hand.

Meanwhile, look for foundations that contain no or little SPF. Also, like PS mentioned, check out the website she mentioned and look at RMCA foundations. They contain pure, basic ingredients and are allergy tested.
Clinique would be great for you too.....check out their "Perfectly Real Makeup"
In the drugstore, look for the Physician's Formula line. They specialize in problem/sensitive skin without sacrificing good coverage. I have perfect skin and still love their products cause they are so well formulated.
Rimmel makes a foundation called "Lasting Finish", I use it for photo shoots cause it has a very trace amounts of TD. Rimmel does add alot of perfumes and additives to their products though, so I am not sure it would be best for you. Try it though, as well as the Physician's Formula stuff. If you have a CVS pharmacy in your area, get it there. They allow you to return cosmetics even if they have been opened.
Go to the Clinique counter and tell them what's up. Have them test the "Perfecty Real Makeup" on you as well as any other products they may recommend.
Keep me posted doll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart