Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost World HH long term review?

ksozay

One Too Many
LW Suburban about 15 years old. I don't wear them much. The leather was much thicker and stiffer then. I know it sounds impossible but it's true. I'm afraid I'll never break them in!
I have one more 42R black Suburban (bought new from Stuart in 2014) and 2 42R Test (Black, bought new from Stuart in 2017; Brown, bought new from Stuart in 2018), which I've never worn, except around the house. The leather seems less plastic-like than that of older models. Anyway, I'm a big fan of LW. View attachment 157815 View attachment 157816 View attachment 157817 View attachment 157818

Great to find another big fan of LW! I promised myself I would stop at 5. :)

Logician

One of the Regulars
Let me know if you ever want sell brown test
I might consider selling the green Suburban at some point (it's a 40R), but not the brown one (which is a 42R). If you would ever be interested, the brown Suburban would not fit you well. I'm 5,9' and 163 pounds (muscular built). With the shearling, it's a fairly close-fitting jacket. I think you need at least a 44, maybe a 46 (because of the shearling). Not sure though if Stuart makes Suburban with shearling anymore. After all, it's a vintage LW!
As for the Brown Test, it's brand new and I intend to wear it next Spring, provided that my health improves. Sorry, it's not for sale.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, that's my thread and my Lost Worlds A-2. I would say there is probably 12-13 years of hard use in that jacket where I wore it nearly everyday.

Indestructable to say the least.

Sorry for the steal from VLJ! But it's too important to not show off here.

Mr Peabody

One of the Regulars
@ Logician
did you ever end up selling your green lost worlds suburban? I tred to pm but won't accept.

LW Suburban about 15 years old. I don't wear them much. The leather was much thicker and stiffer then. I know it sounds impossible but it's true. I'm afraid I'll never break them in!
I have one more 42R black Suburban (bought new from Stuart in 2014) and 2 42R Test (Black, bought new from Stuart in 2017; Brown, bought new from Stuart in 2018), which I've never worn, except around the house. The leather seems less plastic-like than that of older models. Anyway, I'm a big fan of LW. View attachment 157815 View attachment 157816 View attachment 157817 View attachment 157818

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Chrome Tanned Horsehide verses Vegetable tanned (Horween).
I was just reading back this old thread. I don't think whether or not a jacket develops character over time is is about chrome vs vegetable tanned leather. Both of these jackets are chrome tanned yet they show loads of character. I think the slow aging process of LW jackets is due to / thanks to their thick topcoat.

EC1C232B-BD32-440E-8A28-07078CD7EA6E.jpeg

I was just reading back this old thread. I don't think whether or not a jacket develops character over time is is about chrome vs vegetable tanned leather. Both of these jackets are chrome tanned yet they show loads of character. I think the slow aging process of LW jackets is due to / thanks to their thick topcoat.

View attachment 384292

Brothers from different mothers. Incredible. One made on my side of the pond, the other on your side, correct?

Correct, 50s made in USA next to 80s made in England.
This is my favorite type of grain. I wonder whether it's typical for steerhide.

My Steerhide Herc looks this way. The HD would, for sure. The only vintage HH I recall at the moment that can look this way is SG/Early Cal. Gotta be a partially due to the thickness.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 384292

Those are both just wonderful there Marc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff