Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds B2

Roma

A-List Customer
Great Jacket!! Congrats.
I have a J23 in black horsehide and I settled on 3.5 oz after Stuarts advice on fit and could not be happier.
I'm looking to purchase a Ryder and am considering russet brown but I have mixed feelings since photos seem to vary on capturing the brown color faithfully.
Can you comment on the brown color and how it looks in person? I like the chocolate brown appearance but some photos of other LW coats make it appear too redish/orange.
Sure, as soon as I get the jacket, I'll provide the review

Roma

A-List Customer
Standard zippers are #6 crown (as originals), but on request could be used brass Scovill/Conmar #10 heavy duty ones for free, or NOS Crown #10 for extra with matching sleeve zippers or not. But the standard ones work fine but should be used with care.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Standard zippers are #6 crown (as originals), but on request could be used brass Scovill/Conmar #10 heavy duty ones for free, or NOS Crown #10 for extra with matching sleeve zippers or not. But the standard ones work fine but should be used with care.

Yep the last jacket I ordered (Not a B-2) I had a brass #10. I also got a Crown #10 for my J-23 it cost a lot but that was a splurge.

John Lever

One Too Many
Agreed, the zipper on my LW B-2 is still working fine but it feels like a toy in comparison to the rest of the jacket. If I keep the jacket (my wife has been after me to sell it) I'll probably have the zipper replaced some day. My LW ANJ-4 has a similar issue in that the zipper just feels to light for the weight and stiffness of the jacket. Given his tendency to over engineer I'm amazed the Stuart uses such light weight zippers.

I think the zip should be one of the earlier complex types rather than a simple Talon.

Roma

A-List Customer
Hi all B2 owners, would like to ask you how do you handle the collar snap? When the jacket is on I have a hard time clasping it. The snap itself is very small. What about you?

avique

One of the Regulars
It's my understanding that this is a common complaint about the LW B-2 jacket. I purchased mine used and the collar snap had been replaced with a heavier one that is strong enough to hold the weight of the collar and easier to fasten.

Roma

A-List Customer
It's my understanding that this is a common complaint about the LW B-2 jacket. I purchased mine used and the collar snap had been replaced with a heavier one that is strong enough to hold the weight of the collar and easier to fasten.
Thanks @avique. Mine holds the weight fine, I just can't fasten it easily.

Roma

A-List Customer
By the way, this is a Buzz Rickson's B2. Their collar snap looks the same. I think this type of snap is a matter of athenticity. The only difference is that the BR's leather is softer hence easier to fasten the snap. But a bigger snap could be a solution to the issue.
d666911a79e766842bef74985a729b53.jpg

mihai

A-List Customer
Can you comment on the brown color and how it looks in person? I like the chocolate brown appearance but some photos of other LW coats make it appear too redish/orange.
I have a LW B-2 4oz size 42 ordered end of 2015. I confirm that the real shade of russet is chocolate brown. I wouldn't mind a redish/orange (redskin type).

Regarding the choice between lighter and heavier hh, I can say (based on my jacket) that the LW hh changed lately. It's bit more supple, there isn't anymore that thick/squeaking top paint. Still a solid finish but not as plasticky as it used to be. I used to prefer it that way for a number of reasons.
The B-2 I have in 4oz feels reasonably supple compared to older LW hh.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Hi all B2 owners, would like to ask you how do you handle the collar snap? When the jacket is on I have a hard time clasping it. The snap itself is very small. What about you?
Hello Roma. Yes, there is definitely a "technique" to fasten the B-2 snap collar. I will try to describe it. What I do is grab the right side of the collar with my right hand (overhand so that my palm is against the fur side and my fingers are underneath the collar). Then, I put my right thumb behind the back of the right snap; then with my left hand I pull the collar tab of the left side over to the right and snap it into place.

This sounds complicated but after a while it comes easy. Best of luck (and stay warm!).

Noel

Roma

A-List Customer
Hello Roma. Yes, there is definitely a "technique" to fasten the B-2 snap collar. I will try to describe it. What I do is grab the right side of the collar with my right hand (overhand so that my palm is against the fur side and my fingers are underneath the collar). Then, I put my right thumb behind the back of the right snap; then with my left hand I pull the collar tab of the left side over to the right and snap it into place.

This sounds complicated but after a while it comes easy. Best of luck (and stay warm!).

Noel
Hey Noel, that's absolutely the same thing I do. I'm already pretty experienced in doing that. The only issue left is when I 'm out and there's a "minus", the jacket gets stiffer and I can't do that and just use the collar buttons leaving the stud unfastened. Thanks for your reply, now I know I use the right technique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy