Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds B2

John Lever

One Too Many
This is a much better version.
20130828_164844_zps7e1586da.jpg

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
I'm currently making one for myself. Going against the traditional dark hides usually seen & doing this one in a light russet with contrasting dark wool liner & fur.

Roma

A-List Customer
Steve, it's amazing. Do you make and sell jackets or just make them for your own needs?

Roma

A-List Customer
I find myself always zipping my sleeves since they unzip spontaniously an inch ot so from the cuff. I think it's due to the stiffness of the leather. Do you experience such things? And a really weird thing happened to both my LW jackets. Two weeks ago a sleeve zip fastener of my Suburban broke apart. It was a NOS Crown zipper. LW sent me out a replacement which I haven't received yet. And today the same thing happened to my B2. I contacted LW, they proposed to send all four zippers of a size up but which fit the sewn zippers. I think the small zip fasteners can't work properly with 4 oz leather. Since I'm in Moscow it's unreasonable to send the jackets to the USA, pay the shipping cost back and forth. There're a lot of repair services here who assured me they could replace zip fasteners. It will require some unstitching and stitching again to install the new zip fastenners when they've arrived. Is anybody experienced with such repair? Is it ok to do that locally without sending the jackets to the vendor?

Last edited:

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
4 oz is pretty thick for one of these! The main zip shouldn't be an issue to replace, but the sleeve zips could be very tricky, unless you have someone with lots of experience change them out. The B-2 has a pretty complicated setup on the sleeves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy