Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds B2

Roma

A-List Customer
4 oz is pretty thick for one of these! The main zip shouldn't be an issue to replace, but the sleeve zips could be very tricky, unless you have someone with lots of experience change them out. The B-2 has a pretty complicated setup on the sleeves.
Thanks Steve. But I only need to get the fasteneres replaced, not the whole zippers. But I see, I've studied the B2 sleeve set up. Look complicated. Ok, I'll take the jacket to the guys I found and see what they can do. But is it usual for new (but NOS) zippers to break that way? I've barely touched them.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Changing the pulls out will be no problem at all. I would guess that being a 4 oz hide & pretty stiff, is probably hard on the NOS #5 zips. The Crown zips seem to have fairly fragile pulls.

finally got a pic outdoors that shows the hide color correctly. Doesn't look as much like a pumpkin as the indoor shots!

Roma

A-List Customer
Changing the pulls out will be no problem at all. I would guess that being a 4 oz hide & pretty stiff, is probably hard on the NOS #5 zips. The Crown zips seem to have fairly fragile pulls.

finally got a pic outdoors that shows the hide color correctly. Doesn't look as much like a pumpkin as the indoor shots!

Thanks Steve. Perfect look. Do your sleeve zip fasteners go up from the cuffs a bit with wear? Mine go up a bit. I think I should leave them there and dont touch.

Roma

A-List Customer

Your pocket is very big, bigger than mine. ☺

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
the LW jackets have a smaller pocket, mine is the same size as the pocket on "the Few" jackets. I also have the option of the OEM type "bellows" pocket, just went with the flat one on this.

Not sure how the sleeve zips will act. It has warmed up here & haven't had a chance to wear it yet. Most jackets I've seen with sleeve zips do creep unless they have a locking pull on them.

Roma

A-List Customer
the LW jackets have a smaller pocket, mine is the same size as the pocket on "the Few" jackets. I also have the option of the OEM type "bellows" pocket, just went with the flat one on this.

Not sure how the sleeve zips will act. It has warmed up here & haven't had a chance to wear it yet. Most jackets I've seen with sleeve zips do creep unless they have a locking pull on them.
I see your both points.
The pocket is amazing by the way.
Thanks Steve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy