Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Buco cafe racer pics.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Hot damn. That's some riding. I am pretty much only a city rider, and my Classic 500 is very jealous of your Bullet! (And yes, the jacket looks great with some wear.) Is this part of the official RE Himalayan ride that they do every year?

Thanks lina! When I lived in the US I was pretty much only a city rider too, that too on nice weekends. Now that I'm back in Asia, I get to ride a lot more and on wildly different terrain too. This was one of our club rides. I've met up with the Royal Enfield annual Tour of Bhutan a few times to catch up with some social media friends, that ride traverses the country through the main roads. Our club rides usually veer off into farm roads, dirt tracks etc to reach far flung villages and settlements in the country.

Back to the Buco Rider, I picked mine up from Union Garage in Brooklyn, NY, so haven't had to deal directly with Stuart yet.

@ton312 that SB jacket is the bees knees! Looks sweet and great fit on you! I've been perusing the SB online catalog recently, some neat variations on the usual jackets in there.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Another thing about the Buco Rider - I was told by Union Garage NYC that Lost Worlds recently made some slight changes to the Buco Rider and Easy Ryder jackets - they're now ever-so-slightly slimmer than the older ones. My older jacket is on the boxier side.

lina

Practically Family
Thanks lina! When I lived in the US I was pretty much only a city rider too, that too on nice weekends. Now that I'm back in Asia, I get to ride a lot more and on wildly different terrain too. This was one of our club rides. I've met up with the Royal Enfield annual Tour of Bhutan a few times to catch up with some social media friends, that ride traverses the country through the main roads. Our club rides usually veer off into farm roads, dirt tracks etc to reach far flung villages and settlements in the country.

Back to the Buco Rider, I picked mine up from Union Garage in Brooklyn, NY, so haven't had to deal directly with Stuart yet.

@ton312 that SB jacket is the bees knees! Looks sweet and great fit on you! I've been perusing the SB online catalog recently, some neat variations on the usual jackets in there.

Here's the closest me and my Royal Enfield get to the wilds -- a stop in Rock Creek park in DC:

RE%20881_zpsrvp5gndu.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Jacket looks interesting - that outer breast pocket is really distinctive. Hide looks very nice indeed. If you like it, that's all that matters - don't care wehtehr anyone else thinks it's a young man's jacket. I mean, what'sthe differecne between an older guy wearing a younger man's jacket for its intendecpurpose, and a younger guy who wears it for fashion alone anyhow? You like it, wear it. I wear an Irvin, and I've never even set foot in a bomber....

Crossing the high pass of Thrumshingla, Buddhist prayer flags festooned on the hillside behind me:
View attachment 54530

That one your bike? It's nice. Bgi fan of the Indian-built Enfields.

Here's the closest me and my Royal Enfield get to the wilds -- a stop in Rock Creek park in DC:

RE%20881_zpsrvp5gndu.jpg

Luvverly. That's the Bullet, isn't it? I'm really hankering after the Classic 500 model, which replaced the Bullet in the European market a year or two ago. Very similar in style, just tweaks to the engine to address emissions requirements here. Love the stylnig of RE.... only Triumph come close, imo - and at a much higher price too!

lina

Practically Family
Luvverly. That's the Bullet, isn't it? I'm really hankering after the Classic 500 model, which replaced the Bullet in the European market a year or two ago. Very similar in style, just tweaks to the engine to address emissions requirements here. Love the stylnig of RE.... only Triumph come close, imo - and at a much higher price too!

Mine is the Classic 500, in chrome. Yeah, it's fun bike. Not high performance by any means, but fun to ride. It's got the classic sound of a British single cylinder "thumper," more so than the Triumph singles (though I think those are pretty cool too). I replaced the original exhaust with a 1950s style pipe (which heightens the thumper sound) and the original seat with a Biltwell solo. I am pretty happy with it!

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Thank you @Edward Yes, it's the India-built Royal Enfield Bullet 500. This one has the new unit construction engine, electric/kick start, but still runs on carbs.

@lina yours is a lovely bike, great color! The sound, looks and stance is definitely old-school Brit bike! Thankfully these new ones don't break down as much. I remember as a college-kid in India during the early 90s, all I could afford was a beat-up 70s-era Enfield 350, probably pushed it to the nearest workshop (after yet another breakdown) as much as I rode it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy