Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Buco cafe racer pics.

lina

Practically Family
The Lost Worlds jacket has arrived. Fit seems pretty good to me, albeit just a bit tight around my recently expanded 51-year-old gut. It may well be a keeper, though I am just a bit hesitant about the style. I am old guy, riding an old-guy style motorbike (Royal Enfield), and I wonder if I should leave the cafe racer with slightly fancy pocket to the youngsters. Wonder if it comes off as trying too hard. And I have to admit that the 70s rocker in me gets a slight whiff of 80s George Michael style off of the vertical zipper. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Anyway, I won't ask you all to solve my existential identity crisis in relation to style, but feel free to weigh in on them, as well of course on fit, etc.

LW%203_zpstenxdvpx.jpg

LW%201_zpsrnselw2g.jpg

LW%204_zpsqte1nrj1.jpg

RJR

The Lost Worlds jacket has arrived. Fit seems pretty good to me, albeit just a bit tight around my recently expanded 51-year-old gut. It may well be a keeper, though I am just a bit hesitant about the style. I am old guy, riding an old-guy style motorbike (Royal Enfield), and I wonder if I should leave the cafe racer with slightly fancy pocket to the youngsters. Wonder if it comes off as trying too hard. And I have to admit that the 70s rocker in me gets a slight whiff of 80s George Michael style off of the vertical zipper. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Anyway, I won't ask you all to solve my existential identity crisis in relation to style, but feel free to weigh in on them, as well of course on fit, etc.

LW%203_zpstenxdvpx.jpg

LW%201_zpsrnselw2g.jpg

LW%204_zpsqte1nrj1.jpg
Looks good,imo.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
@lina I strongly suspect you are a younger iteration of me, in both cases you and I 25-year of age trapped in older guys' bodies. IMHO that LW jacket appears to be the perfect riding jacket, including longer body and sleeves, and very snug fit throughout the torso. You might wish to invest in an armored shirt though as additional protection while riding. I personally know Wilbur @oneterrifichog uses LW for his Harley. In any case, nice acquisition.

lina

Practically Family
Looks like a good fit. How's it work on the bike?

It's super hot here, so I just sat briefly on the bike with it but seems to be good. I did think from the pics I saw that it had a full action (bi swing) back, but turns out they are more just shoulder gussets, which is a bit of a disappointment, but seems fine for my largely upright sitting position.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
the leather looks substantial, design wise to me it is very left heavy for a center zipped jacket
Ok for riding substantial is good, and that D pocket on top with the 2 pockets below is really pretty nice for long distance motorcycle riding and even cruising as you have a nice size large pocket for phone maps etc that should be pretty comfortable as it's up above the waist. That collar is actually pretty cool. Personally, I would use that strap when riding as folded back it would screw with your helmet strap when you are turning your head left when changing lanes or turning.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That jacket rocks on you Sir!!! I've just started calming down at 50 (slightly) & as part of this process have recently acquired a Cafe Racer jacket (early Brooks in my case) for use on my Yamaha (& Vespa). Around these parts, youngsters attire themselves in cheap sportswear..but don't do any sport :)

BobJ

Practically Family
Super nice jacket Lina - clean, simple, but different. The fit is perfect, and you wear it well.

I'm curious about the sleeve length, it looks a bit long to me, just standing there. I suppose they will shorten up as they develop folds, and I wonder how they would look with the zippers zipped up... in case you want to go through the trouble of donning a heavy leather jacket to take pictures in the hot humidity of a DC summer, to amuse a stranger who lives 3000 miles away! :D

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
THAT'S A KEEPER !! IT DOES NOT COME OFF AS TRYING TO HARD...THAT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD!! ENJOY.

53Effie

A-List Customer
I agree...It is a keeper. I too just received this same jacket last Wednesday and I am very happy with it. And it is in fact a great riding jacket. The day after I got mine I did about a hundred and fifty miles to the nearest Harley dealer for some service work on the bike and it was comfortable right out of the box. As it breaks in I'm sure it will get even better. Congrats Lina. It's a great jacket.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Looks great! When I first saw this jacket in your earlier thread with the uppder-chest D pocket my intial response was "Trying too hard to be different." However now seeing it on you in good fit photos, in good light, makes a lot more sense. Enjoy it!

lina

Practically Family
Super nice jacket Lina - clean, simple, but different. The fit is perfect, and you wear it well.

I'm curious about the sleeve length, it looks a bit long to me, just standing there. I suppose they will shorten up as they develop folds, and I wonder how they would look with the zippers zipped up... in case you want to go through the trouble of donning a heavy leather jacket to take pictures in the hot humidity of a DC summer, to amuse a stranger who lives 3000 miles away! :D

The sleeves are just a bit long out of the box, but as you say will no doubt shorten up a bit, and they seem just ride for riding. They are 25". With zippers they tighten up just right I think. I'll see if I can get a few more pics soon.

lina

Practically Family
I agree...It is a keeper. I too just received this same jacket last Wednesday and I am very happy with it. And it is in fact a great riding jacket. The day after I got mine I did about a hundred and fifty miles to the nearest Harley dealer for some service work on the bike and it was comfortable right out of the box. As it breaks in I'm sure it will get even better. Congrats Lina. It's a great jacket.

Now that's the way to break in a jacket...

lina

Practically Family
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It is definitely making me lean toward keeping it. A few fairly minor things I am not wild about -- the slick lining, the sort of dressy buckles on the side, but yeah overall it's a beauty.

If I don't keep this, then I think I am switching back to collared jackets, and thinking of an Aero 1930s halfbelt, with added zip sleeves and a full action back...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The LW jacket you just bought appears ideal for riding. If you want a collared jacket and are "thinking of an Aero 1930's halfbelt, with added zip sleeves and a full action back," I would consider a Sheene that is designed with zip sleeves and action back based on its Cafe Racer pattern. If it were me, I would not alter Aero's 1930's halfbelt design to the extent you are considering.

lina

Practically Family
The LW jacket you just bought appears ideal for riding. If you want a collared jacket and are "thinking of an Aero 1930's halfbelt, with added zip sleeves and a full action back," I would consider a Sheene that is designed with zip sleeves and action back based on its Cafe Racer pattern. If it were me, I would not alter Aero's 1930's halfbelt design to the extent you are considering.

I was thinking of the Sheene, but I have a sense the Aero CR/Sheene might be a bit too "fitted" for me. I like the half belt style in general, and figure with the bi swing back it would be pretty close to the new Goodwear/Himel black Californian, know what I mean? But with the zip sleeves as a bonus. But I'll certainly take your hesitation seriously...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy