Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost worlds Easy Ryder FQHH question

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
I've been to his website; did Google searches and have been looking here as well. What I'm trying to figure out is this: does anyone with direct experience know how squeaky these jackets typically are?
For some people it doesn't matter but I am just not a fan of any squeak beyond "a little". Thanks

Are you buying new? Some of the older stuff is much noisier and for longer. I think the new gear fits into your definition of “a little”. Rather quick break in too.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Not necessarily new. I've been looking online at the LW website and also watching for used as well. I don't really want to spend for the new, to be honest nor deal with the potential hassles that I've read about here.
Thanks

The old can be squeakier but not something orchestral like some other jackets. I still think you would be ok but I don't know your tipping point. I can deal with some squeak but nothing crazy.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Mine doesn’t squeak at all.

ALso, my dealings with Stuart have been completely hassle-free. 15 minutes from first contact to finalisation, but I did buy standard measurements and no specs.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer

ALso, my dealings with Stuart have been completely hassle-free. 15 minutes from first contact to finalisation, but I did buy standard measurements and no specs.
Thank you. Was that recently or a few years ago or ?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
None of the three Lost Worlds jackets (2-J23's and 1-Easy Ryder) I have owned were "squeaky" in the 4+ oz horse hide.

The Easy Ryder is a great pattern. I would like to pick up another of those if I run across another (black) 44 in close to new condition.

Stuart was great to work with on a real, old fashioned phone-call. I ordered my J23 in about 15 minutes, and it fit exactly as I would have hoped. Call - it's the best way.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Does he ever give hints/info about what the standard sizes entail? I wouldn’t second-guess things like P2P but it’s important to know how long sleeves and body are, for instance. Some people have mentioned he doesn’t.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Does he ever give hints/info about what the standard sizes entail? I wouldn’t second-guess things like P2P but it’s important to know how long sleeves and body are, for instance. Some people have mentioned he doesn’t.
When I called him, we discussed this in detail. He stated that anything over a "25.5" sleeve would be an up charge, but hearing my dress shirt sizes and lengths, he did perfect job with "standard" length sleeves.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
I just got a new black HH Suburban in November. Talked to Stuart for about twenty five minutes. He was a joy to work with. Asked me how tall I was and how much I weighed. Asked me my dress shirt sleeve length and had me measure my back length. It was a 42L so there was a one time up charge that included all the measurement adjustments. The jacket fit perfectly. It also arrived in two and a half weeks. He said it would probably take four. It’s the 3oz hide and it has a pleasant little squeak when I move my arms. I have MUCH squeakier jackets. Can’t recommend Lost Worlds enough. Good luck.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

It was the other way round: I gave him my desired measurments (using ranges of 0,5-1 inch) and he suggested I´d go with a stock size 42 or a 42 with additional lenght in sleeves and torso, which would render the jacket non-returnable.

I don´t remember if he mentioned updcharges at that time, but I was quite happy to give it a go on a stock-jacket.
I also don´t remember if he gave exact measurements, but at that time I felt informed enough to make a decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui