Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds jackets.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Vintage home!

Fletch, great jacket! Is that your home you're standing if front of? If so, I may have driven by you yesterday. Looks like a great pre-war building. Show us some pix of it!

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Excellent jacket .
I am sure you will be happy with That one for sure . It fits really well. I love mine they are the most utilitarian and durable A-2's I own , The construction is second to none.

A point to note is that all LW A-2's AFTER 1996 had nipple type snaps, and slightly darker liners , but the inside of the collar snaps remained the same russet color like your liner.

Jerome

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Excellent review.

A great 'bench mark' review Fletch. Thanks for all the hard work and effort put into it :eusa_clap

You're looking 'sharp!'

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
cheaterome said:
A point to note is that all LW A-2's AFTER 1996 had nipple type snaps, and slightly darker liners , but the inside of the collar snaps remained the same russet color like your liner.
A-ha! So whoever told me (or maybe it was me got it backwards. I do have an oldy!

The eBay guy told me he'd only worn it twice but couldn't remember when he got it.

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
After 1995 / 1996 the patterns of the jacket changed as well.

The collar was longer in the tips and the sleeves are tapered more after 1996.
The 1996 and newer jacket seem to me after measuring about 5 newer ones vs the 4 earlier jackets that the "newer" jackets are about 3/4 to an inch longer in the body.

Would have to check with the owner about that one though.

Jerome

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
I've had one of these (a pre-1996 model) for many years. Whatever anyone says about it's 'accuracy' (I don't care about that) it's a tough and well-made jacket. I use it hard (harder than I would dare use some other manufacturer's jackets) and it takes it all -a real adventure jacket. You'll grow to love it.

By the way, my really early LW Dubow is a 44 and it's much smaller than Fletch's 42. I'm a 36 or 38 and it's a bit large (I was bigger 10 years ago) but not so big I won't wear it, and I like a trim fit. Maybe it was wrongly labelled?

Alan

Lost Worlds sizing?

How do Lost Worlds jackets fit? Are they true to size or run a bit big/bit small? I'm thinking of the A2/A1 type jacket, which is claimed on the website to be cut quite trim.

I'd be particularly interested to hear what those who own a size 36 think of the sizing. If you own a 36 please measure up the shoulders, arms and back length for me . . . remembering to tell me which model you are measuring from. I would be eternally grateful.

bk

Rufus

Practically Family
Hi BK,

I had their Buco J23 in size 38.. It was a 'true' sizing, trim cut (Ihave a 29" waist, and it would've accomodated up to 32" tops.. Armpit to armpit was 19" as stated.

The only thing..Their jackets are INCREDIBLY heavy...and I used to end up with a sore neck from the sheer weight of their bulletproof hides.. consequently I wore it nowhere near as much as my original Bucos..

What model and leather were you looking at? If it's just for wearing out, not riding, I'd recommend their steerhide..their horsehide is great if your bouncing down the road.. but not good to walk in!

;-) Rufus

Hullo Rufus,

I'm thinking of a jacket on their sale page. The Baroness has just informed me that it's "nothing special" but i'll probably go for it anyways. It's not a leather jacket. I've heard of the sheer incredible weight of their jackets which turns me off the idea of buying one of their leather jackets.

Maybe i'm readin' wrong here, but are you saying that a marked size 38 jacket has a measured 38" chest?

bk

Rufus

Practically Family
Evening sir..

Sorry to confuse you.

The sizing is pretty accurate.. and their sales page is a bonanza for the Small (Hooray!!).

There's a couple of nice non leather jackets on there that I fear are too small for me (I'm a size 38), but if you're a 36", go for it!

Their jackets are fantastically well made..

:) Ruf

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I just checked back at LW.
Amazing.
I think anyone considering buying from him should take into account the
amount of very-ugly garments (the non-military)he produces, when gauging his sense of æsthetic.
The terms "High build quality" and "attention to detail" lose their meanings somewhat in this context.
Some of his combinations of materials, details, pocket heights and button placements are just wrong.

But some of his garments look just about spot-on.

Sorry to be so scathing but I'm just amazed.

B
T

Rufus said:
Evening sir..

Sorry to confuse you.

The sizing is pretty accurate.. and their sales page is a bonanza for the Small (Hooray!!).

There's a couple of nice non leather jackets on there that I fear are too small for me (I'm a size 38), but if you're a 36", go for it!

Their jackets are fantastically well made..

:) Ruf

Aye, there's the rub. I'm a 35", and have found that 36" is often far far far too big - had to sell my Levi's 1942 model jacket for that reason. I'm currently getting by with casual jackets that are almost there, but not quite perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran