Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds jackets.

Roma

A-List Customer
b5c169c477fec84f03768d0751fb3aa0.jpg
0cb98ee9522a3f177966d285c3c16a91.jpg
4a8e971c3ea8799eb402d82d411a2d5a.jpg

Roma

A-List Customer
A few pics of my long long waited B2 (from the summer). The pics are from the website. It is a revelation for me that the collar is NOS 1930s. The zippers are NOS too. I've read a few reviews on the jacket and got that it's pretty heavy so I chose 3,5 oz for it. The jacket itself is on the way, has been just shipped yesterday.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Very nice, Roma. I like the heavy Crown main zipper - it will serve you well. I also like the vintage mouton, which is different from my older Lost Worlds B-2. My collar has a more curly fleece (but very warm). He is mine for comparison:

I hope you enjoy your new jacket when it arrives and don't get discouraged when you try to open the pocket button for the first time. It will get easier as the leather breaks in. :)

Roma

A-List Customer
Very nice, Roma. I like the heavy Crown main zipper - it will serve you well. I also like the vintage mouton, which is different from my older Lost Worlds B-2. My collar has a more curly fleece (but very warm). He is mine for comparison:

I hope you enjoy your new jacket when it arrives and don't get discouraged when you try to open the pocket button for the first time. It will get easier as the leather breaks in. :)
Thanks @WhiskeyTangoFox. First of all, I've anticipated the issue with the button. No problem, it's a usual thing for such stiff leather. I have a LW leather peacoat all the way buttoned and I broke it in for half a year to ease the button holes:) Thanks for that, anyway. As for your jacket, yours is cool as well, just different in terms of the color of the mouton and the leather itself. Possibly Stuart sourced the materials from different places. Yours look like the one which is on their page. The zippers will def serve very long, but they are difficult to break in to They need use and lubricate:)

Roma

A-List Customer

By the way, yours looks very well broken in. How thick is the leather?

Edward

Bartender
Roma, two cracking looking jackets. Stuart's a colourful character, but you really can't argue with the quality of his product. I've always thought it a shame that more folks don't do the B2, it's such a great design. Blends in better as a civlian jacket than a lot of the later alternatives, too. The Crown zip on the black jacket is a cracker - I have one of those on a BuzzRickson B15C-Mod, it's a fantastic zipper.

Wore out my LW A-1 tonight to see Star Wars again. That SOB is tough - and a tad noisy in the theater LOL
Once that hide gets cold, it's back to being armor.

Is it noisy, though, or is your cinema just not manly enough to handle a LW jacket? ;)

Roma

A-List Customer
Roma, two cracking looking jackets. Stuart's a colourful character, but you really can't argue with the quality of his product. I've always thought it a shame that more folks don't do the B2, it's such a great design. Blends in better as a civlian jacket than a lot of the later alternatives, too. The Crown zip on the black jacket is a cracker - I have one of those on a BuzzRickson B15C-Mod, it's a fantastic zipper.

Is it noisy, though, or is your cinema just not manly enough to handle a LW jacket? ;)
Yes Edward, Stuart is as tough as his jackets Seriously, never had an issue with him. The zippers are great, such jackets deserve those hardware. The idea that the zippers and mouton are 60-70 years old but new make me feel excited Yeah, I noticed too that it's such a shame that nobody makes B2. Actually I know no one else except for LW.

Edward

Bartender
Yes Edward, Stuart is as tough as his jackets Seriously, never had an issue with him. The zippers are great, such jackets deserve those hardware. The idea that the zippers and mouton are 60-70 years old but new make me feel excited Yeah, I noticed too that it's such a shame that nobody makes B2. Actually I know no one else except for LW.

I think a few of the Japanese labels do a B2 - Buzz definitely have, and I'm sure I've seen a Real McCoys version. I get the impression there isn't so much demand for them outside Japan, though. I suppose so much of the repro market fetishises instead the jackets that were actually worn during WW2, the stuff that didn't get around during the conflict (or wasn't seen in big hit war films) doesn't get the same look in... Pity. I'd still love to see what Aero would do with the B2 (it's not a million miles from the Thunderbay), but I'm sure Ken said somewhere in the past that he didn't see a market for it.

LOL Edward... So, Butte, what did you think of The Force Awakens?
I'm only maybe a 6 on the Star Wars nerd scales, so I enjoyed it. I guess it was a reset for JJA to reset the series to get the last episodes out of everyone's minds - those that are 9/10 on the SW Nerd Scale™
I enjoy them mainly for two reasons, my wife worked with the original guys that did all the first SW movies - (http://www.mccune-design.com/film_tv.html) and my son grew up loving SW.
We used to camp out to get seats for first night shows.

So on that level, I am a fan, but not a super fan. Worth seeing for sure. Safe for just about any age, and takes it back to where I guess the 9/10'ers want it to be going... :)

Roma

A-List Customer
I think a few of the Japanese labels do a B2 - Buzz definitely have, and I'm sure I've seen a Real McCoys version. I get the impression there isn't so much demand for them outside Japan, though. I suppose so much of the repro market fetishises instead the jackets that were actually worn during WW2, the stuff that didn't get around during the conflict (or wasn't seen in big hit war films) doesn't get the same look in... Pity. I'd still love to see what Aero would do with the B2 (it's not a million miles from the Thunderbay), but I'm sure Ken said somewhere in the past that he didn't see a market for it.
Absolutely Edward, I forgot about Buzz. May be Real McCoys make them, but I think it is RMNZ that make them then, not RM. As for the demand, yes, your right, it's weak. But the jacket has a very short history hence its unpopularity, may be. We could ask Stuart how many he makes but I think not too many. Otherwise we'll see them here. Now i'm recalling @John Lever had one from LW and later he sold it due to its heaviness and stiffness, if I remember correctly. He also said that the Buzz version is the best. He also had a third B2, but I don't remember from which vendor. As for its functionality, I think it's a great alternative to a B3 and RafIrvin, but a wee bit less warm but exteremly durable. So it has the future, vendors just don't see the reason to promote it.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Superfluous. I think it's not so flamboyant to have this feature:) It's cool for those who knows:)

I agree. I actually enjoy the subtle noises made by certain of my jackets . . . reminds me that I am wearing a hearty, robust leather, as opposed to some mall/fashion leather

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot