Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST WORLDS Russet Brown Horsehide Leather - questions, images, and experience

Logician

One of the Regulars
@Logician That's an armor! I can hardly believe it's at least 15 years old...it looks new. How much have you worn it?
Not much. Perhaps an average of 6-12 times a year. I take good care of my leather jackets and coats. My 2 new (5 year old) HH Test (Bk and Br) I never wore; my 3 HH Suburban (Bk, Br and Green) I almost never wear. And I also have a new Courier Pea coat in Bk Goat which I only wore once or twice. What can I say? Perhaps I have too many jackets. I end up always wearing the same clothes. I have a BK HH peacoat and a dark brown HH car coat (Rebelstoke) which I wear a lot. The rest of the time I wear my military coats and jackets. You could say that I am more of a collector than a wearer. I don't know if that makes sense. My wife and friends say I'm crazy and urge me to wear my stuff. Oh, did I forget to mention that another LW HH jacket is on the way!

skybert

One of the Regulars
Not much. Perhaps an average of 6-12 times a year. I take good care of my leather jackets and coats. My 2 new (5 year old) HH Test (Bk and Br) I never wore; my 3 HH Suburban (Bk, Br and Green) I almost never wear. And I also have a new Courier Pea coat in Bk Goat which I only wore once or twice. What can I say? Perhaps I have too many jackets. I end up always wearing the same clothes. I have a BK HH peacoat and a dark brown HH car coat (Rebelstoke) which I wear a lot. The rest of the time I wear my military coats and jackets. You could say that I am more of a collector than a wearer. I don't know if that makes sense. My wife and friends say I'm crazy and urge me to wear my stuff. Oh, did I forget to mention that another LW HH jacket is on the way!

That makes sense. The older LW HH does seem to break in slower than the newer...but you'd think it was broken in after 15 years, if worn a decent amount.

You're crazy in the normal world and completely normal on this forum :)

The older jackets break in nicely in the sleeves and back panel. Those front panels though.

mihai

A-List Customer
Hello Cornelius
Sorry for the late reply.
I have 3 russet LW (J23 early 2000s, A2 goat around 2010, B-2 of 2015). None of them has that red shade. The color is brown on each of them. There are slight variations - the later ones are more matte and a bit darker(afair). The B-2 looks like the one of Carlos (darker matte brown). The J23 looks more glossy, possible a lighter shade of brown. As texture, it feels also more "coated". I think around 2015 LW changed the processing of their leather - it is less coated, creases/grains easier than the old one- which personally I don't like.
I'll try this wend to try a proper pic(digital RAW then adjust the white balance) with them 3 to show the differences.
This is how colors look under daylight. The goathide (A2) is a bit lighter(redish) brown shade than the 2 hh jackets on the right.
For color reference see the white paper.

Attachments

• DSC06822-2.jpg
    DSC06822-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 381
This is how colors look under daylight. The goathide (A2) is a bit lighter(redish) brown shade than the 2 hh jackets on the right.
For color reference see the white paper.

All are beautiful, but that J23 is out of this world. I’ve been pondering my next LW build and this made me pause a bit.

mihai

A-List Customer
All are beautiful, but that J23 is out of this world. I’ve been pondering my next LW build and this made me pause a bit.
Thanks! Yes J23 is iconic, it has something that sets it apart. I have also the Trojan jacket (that screams vintage and American) but I like the J23 more. Maybe it's smth subjective.

Thanks! Yes J23 is iconic, it has something that sets it apart. I have also the Trojan jacket (that screams vintage and American) but I like the J23 more. Maybe it's smth subjective.

I also have both, and prefer the Trojan. Both are among my favorites, will not be selling jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch