Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Ok, I guess I have owned at least 12 Lost Worlds Jackets over the last 14 years and none of them were anything less than top of the line. I own 3 now and frankly they are all "keepers". I have owned Horsehide, Goat and Buffalo and what amazes me is the absolute perfect craftsmanship. Not one of them has had poor tailoring, mismatched hides or frankly any problem. As far I am concerned he can put anything he likes on his website because he backs it up with quality and perfection.

Quite a few of these I purchased direct from Stuart and some off Ebay. I bought 2 off the Lost Worlds sale section and once again no issue.

Last year I bought a jacket off the Bay and discovered the sleeves were too short for riding. They were good for business but I wanted to get them corrected so I would have a decent jacket for riding and business. What's more, the previous owner had another tailor shorten the sleeves by cutting the sleeves at the base and re-attaching the cuffs which I despised. I got in touch with Stuart explained the issue by email and followed up with a phone conversation. He was extremely helpful over the phone and I sent the jacket back to him. He replaced the sleeves with the agreed upon length and of course the craftsmanship was perfect! One could not even tell there was once a problem. That was a stitch for stitch replacement which as far as I am concerned was the cat's meow. I knew the man was busy with real work so I did not push the time and told him when the time was good for him to repair the jacket that was the way I wanted to go. I was in no hurry. Frankly I have been in manufacturing for 42 years as a printer, print production manager and sales person, when some one works with me I will work for them. Simply put I respect his quality of work.

Every time I receive a Lost Worlds Jacket I am reminded of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Quality and the pleasure of wearing a well crafted jacket like his puts me in a zone that Robert M. Pirsig's book has always guided me as I worked in the business world. I think real attention to detail is a rare thing today too much "Just good enough" seems to be the norm and when I can find someone who produces the kind of tailoring produced by Lost Worlds, Inc. I am a repeat customer. I have a jacket on the way now and am sure I will receive the same peerless quality I always get from this fine company.

Wilbur

Last edited:

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
Wilber
I was hoping that you would reply to this thread. I have 4 LW garments, a J23,PJ27,Trojan & a vest off of his sale site. All are heavy horsehide. Thru email Wilbur helped me communicate with Stuart. If you have never seen or examined a LW coat they are truly amazing. Every stitch, seam pocket are perfect. I too sent my J23 back to LW for a chest pocket & second mouton collar. With only a short email as to what i wanted he returned my coat just as i had asked for. When i was inquiring about my Trojan he sent me a sample of his vintage wool lining, 2 samples of interlining & a hh sample. Right now i'm saving for a Leathertogs. IMO you can't have too many LW jackets

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think his jackets are great. I've sent quite a few emails to him the last 18months. He is always quick to reply, and pretty direct. I don't mind that at all, i get the info I want, and quickly. His stuff looks great, and I've never heard a peep about poor quality or crappy service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner