Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lot's of 7 1/8" hats. Straw, fedora's, Stetsons, Knox, etc.

obie

New in Town
Hats for sale:

Last year when I first discovered this forum it brought back memories of my younger days when I remember wearing hats in my youth. As I started to buy a few hats myself, I happened to ask my father if he had any of his old fedoras still around and to my amazement, he had a ton of them. To boot, he was getting ready to give them away to a neighbor, but I squashed that in the hopes of being able to share in my father’s passion and wear some of his old hats.

The reality is that I am a bit larger than my father, and that includes ye’ old noggin. Understanding this along with the fact that my wife is tired of seeing all the hats sitting in the spare room, which we now need, they are going up for sale.

Still being a newbie, I’ll list what I can and leave out what I don’t know. Pricing will be the same. I’ll search the forum and see what others have sold for, but if I am asking crazy prices, please let me know.

All hats are in good condition, unless otherwise noted. Hats that have boxes will also be noted, however the boxes are in pretty poor condition and would probably add considerably to shipping costs, as they will make USPS giddy with upcharges due to the dimensions.

All hats will be shipped via USPS mail, and I can accept paypal (verified addresses), USPS money order, cash or bank wire. I am in the Philly area, so local pickup is always welcome, and I can give a discount on shipping to multiple purchases if the hats stack okay.

Final note, my father indicated that he purchased the Steston’s through their factory in the late 50’s, 60’s when they were still in Philadelphia. The other hats were purchased by him through various stores in NYC, and if know, I will let you know.

All photographs were done this past week by my wife. Hats have been brushed according to instructions with a new hat brush. They have been sitting in an attic, in boxes for @ 20-30 years.

If you want the lot, please feel free to make me a reasonable offer, and maybe we can get them all to new homes in one move!

Please email me at obie 131 at me dot com, removing spaces and chaning at to @.

Regards,

Obie

The Golden Ivy League by Stetson fedora, size 7 1/8

Very good condition, band in excellent shape, no sweat marks whatsoever. The mesh interior seems to have pulled out a bit.

Brim is 1 ½” by my measurement.

Part of the interior label is still intact with: bow 208 (3R) visible. The rest of the tag has been ripped off and discarded previously.

Price? How about $45 shipped? If this is crazy then please let me know.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Straw Stetson Fedora, 2” brim. This is a darker colored straw made by Stetson with London listed on the sweatband. Size 7 1/8”. Some ripping of the straw, along front of brim. Price $20.00 shipped USPS.

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Lee straw fedora, green colored straw. Size 7 1/8”. Good condition. Again the mesh liner has mostly come off of the sweatband. 2” brim. Brown band is in good condition.

Price is $25.00 shipped.

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Last edited:

obie

New in Town
Mallory New York straw fedora for Cole’s store for Men, Natchez, Miss. Size 7 1/8” 2” brim. Good condition. No signs of wear and hat band is in perfect condition.

Let’s call it $35.00 shipped.

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

obie

New in Town
Stetson size 58- 7 ¼” fedora
Style: Ivy League DF20015
Color : Black
Quality: 4X
Brim: 1 7/8”
Size: 7 ¼”

Another hat purchased by my father direct from the Stetson factory store in Philadelphia. Excellent condition looks to be unworn. Comes with Stetson box as well.

Price $60.00 shipped.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

obie

New in Town
Knox Custom 7 1/8” neutral ebony colored fedora. Style “Brandon” 1 3/4” brim. Good condition with box.

Price is $60.00 shipped.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

obie

New in Town
Hello, is it possible to ship to Belgium and for what price if ok ?
Regards
Chris

United States post office shows a flat rate box, which one hat would fit in to be $45.00, so the additional cost would be $35.00 as shipping within the US will cost me $10.50 which is included in the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24