Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lottabody

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Have a look on ebay! I have found one seller in the UK and I'm sure they'd deliver to Dublin. A bottle is only £2.50 plus postage. I've just ordered one! Hurry if you want one, because it said they had 2 left. the seller is achnit05.

Great stuff LS - thanks for the info - much appreciated! Just one more question - is the the Olive Oil one you use - that seems to be the only Lottabody they have for sale?

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks! I can't wait to try it... hoping it works magic with my pin straight hair!!

I do too! Also try the Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion if it doesn't. I picked some up at La Boutique Targèt (don't mind the Kentucky humor, that's what Mom calls it). It didn't work for me, but a lot of the ladies here like it!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Great stuff LS - thanks for the info - much appreciated! Just one more question - is the the Olive Oil one you use - that seems to be the only Lottabody they have for sale?

yeah exactly, that's the one I got, as it was the only one! Hope it's the right one. It hasn't arrived yet, I'll let you know how I get on once it does! :)

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I do too! Also try the Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion if it doesn't. I picked some up at La Boutique Targèt (don't mind the Kentucky humor, that's what Mom calls it). It didn't work for me, but a lot of the ladies here like it!

ok I'll keep that one in mind too in case this doesn't work! I've seen a lot of people mentioning Target! We don't have it here, but I'm guessing it's a drug store?

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer

Ha! Just picked up some of this tonight at Sally's - it's on sale so I figured I'd try it. Will let you know!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
yeah exactly, that's the one I got, as it was the only one! Hope it's the right one. It hasn't arrived yet, I'll let you know how I get on once it does! :)

That would be great - I have a cabinet that is practically heaving with so many products that haven't worked - I'd love to know that it works for fine hair before going for it - thanks again!

Tatum

Practically Family
Ha! Just picked up some of this tonight at Sally's - it's on sale so I figured I'd try it. Will let you know!

I loved the texture and everything about it, it just didn't hold curl well for me. There is one other product that I used when I first started trying out vintage hair, that I totally used wrong but it worked. It is a Got2Be product, can't remember the name, but you can't miss it on the shelf. The bottle is clear and the liquid is an electric yellow, almost looks like Mountain Dew. I realized later that you are supposed to use it as a heat-activated product, but I used it on damp hair and got great results and ridiculous hold!

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Is Lottabody safe to use on permed hair? Searched, but couldn't find anything. I would have thought so, but my hairdresser told me to check...

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
I'm pretty sure it is! You just have to dilute it differently (directions are on the bottle).

Thanks, on my bottle it says nothing about permed hair though. It says it's okay for coloured/bleached hair, so I'm assuming that it's safe on my perm, but my hairdresser seemed wary...

Heather

Practically Family
As a stylist, I honestly see no issue using lottabody/a setting lotion on permed hair. It's not going to chemically alter it more than it already is, kwim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot