Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

louis vuitton mens overcoat

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
In a photo story in the Oct 2017 issue of GQ with Cillian Murphy, he wears an amazing overcoat by Louis Vuitton. Of course it's absurdly expensive but does anyone have any info on this coat?
Cillian-Murphy-GQ-Oct17_John-Balsom.jpg

robrinay

One Too Many
Great design and fabric but there’s no way I could afford an original. One can ‘get the look’ from practically any U.K. charity shop where old but high quality herringbone tweed overcoats are relatively ubiquitous.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Louis Vuitton isn't the first name that springs to mind if I'm looking for an overcoat, simply because the name is one of those 'must have' designer labels that the mega rich wear to show off their wealth. But you aroused my curiosity and a quick look at the overcoats on their website confirmed the price/status relationship of their brand. There was not a coat under £2000 and the cashmere at three and a half grand seemed not only far fetched in price but ridiculous too when you can get an almost identical coat for the same price as a decent made to measure suit.

But, I don't want to be negative, so I suggest that you keep an eye on The Tweedyman website. They buy designer labelled menswear and sell it at a fraction of the original price, as does Savvy Row. Both sites will keep you updated on their stock, if you ask them. They are also good at shopping around for any garment that their customers seek, so check their web page and leave your details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner