Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lounge software upgrade

The Lounge was Hacked Tonight

I was in the middle of making a post a little while ago and instead the following appeared.

1272776_203187436523589_609099899_o.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Sort of hacked, but not really. Happened while the site was in the middle of upgrading and the /install folder was still visible. Happened to probably a thousand vbulletin sites tonight. It's secured now.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Got an annoying problem with writing PMs that won't go away. Every time I try to type or click on the response field I get directed to the Natty costum shirt site. :eusa_doh:

Cheers

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Got an annoying problem with writing PMs that won't go away. Every time I try to type or click on the response field I get directed to the Natty costum shirt site. :eusa_doh:

Cheers

I had that problem earlier when trying to click into the search box in the Advanced Search.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
For today, do this: Click "What's New"

Then, on the Activity Stream page, click "New Posts"

I'll see what I can do to fix the banner business later today. Regular work is getting in the way.

Edward

Bartender
I like the new look. The difference is subtle enough that if I'd been away for a year orf two I'm not sure I'd have noticed, but it does make a difference. I especially like the white-on-grey reply box (used to be black on white?).

Now the Whats New? button is linked to the activity stream. So that makes it useless. Should show the the latest replied to post's since last visit.:)

I notice that change. It would be hard to adapt too, though I can see it being useful if you were following a specific thread or looking for use-patterns on here.

For today, do this: Click "What's New"

Then, on the Activity Stream page, click "New Posts"

Aha! Yes, that works.

I'll see what I can do to fix the banner business later today. Regular work is getting in the way.

Oh, tell me about it. This working for a living thing will never catch on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats