Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
We got bad news from Agent Smith's doctor. He has terminal liver cancer, with 6 months to a year to live. It's been a somber day today. We will enjoy spending time with him as usual, but somehow, even more so. His 12th birthday will be February 1, 2015. Seems a bit young for a indoor feline. Pic of him tonight relaxing in my lap.

View attachment 18004

Sorry to hear that! He looks like a Nobel Beast.

We got bad news from Agent Smith's doctor. He has terminal liver cancer, with 6 months to a year to live. It's been a somber day today. We will enjoy spending time with him as usual, but somehow, even more so. His 12th birthday will be February 1, 2015. Seems a bit young for a indoor feline. Pic of him tonight relaxing in my lap.

View attachment 18004

Geez, that is a shame! It makes me wonder how much longer I have with my 15 year old cat. She is an outdoor cat and she greets me every morning when I leave and waits for me every eveing when I get home.
You have my condolences. I hope it is more a year than 6 months.

Agent Smith has taken over the boys domain.

0205f496fa493272dffebd6a2ab4f7a8.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
It has been a month of ups and downs. Three weeks ago I adopted this sweet boy from the Mid Atlantic English Springer Spaniel Rescue (MAESSR). His name is Bandit, he's ten years old (and acts like he's three) and he is blind in the left eye but that doesn't seem to affect him.

Pardon the hairy carpet. I need to get a new belt for my Kirby and I keep forgetting.

Then one week ago I lost Hunter at age 12 due to a brain tumor. This is one of the very last photos I took of Hunter, taken just three weeks ago.

I only had Hunter for eleven months, having adopted him through MAESSR last November.

Now for the next "up" on this roller coaster ride. This evening I was just offered (out of the blue) this guy:
http://www.maessr.org/sam13.aspx
I hadn't even put in an application for him and they contacted me. Just amazing! Yes, I will be adopting him.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
My better half and I spent much of this past Saturday building a fire pit in our yard. We're hoping it will begin seeing much use as the fall oyster roast season is almost upon us. While building codes can be rather relaxed here in rural North Carolina, I'm confident our fire pit is safe and well constructed. Maggie required that it undergo a through cat scan before she would approve it for operation.

1018141439_zpsd437fc1b.jpg

1018141502a_zpsed86c12d.jpg

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points