Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Nice looking work, AF! Seems like anything new aroung my must be christened by the cat.........immediately. :D

The other night I went over to a friend's house to play guitar. His Weimaraner was running around the yard when I got there. I got out of my Jeep and sat my guitar on the ground long enough to lock the door...which was also long enough for the Hell-Dog to christen my HD-28, or at least the case it was in. We wiped everything off with a wet towel and there was no harm done. Just the same, Eddy's guitar was on its stand in his studio...and I had to resist the temptation to "christen" it my very own self.

AF

Chillin'

6dca5edc6bc05368cbc380486a871d39.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
He doesn't like your taste in pillows and wants it gone ASAP. :p
Or ASAPee, whichever works. :D

A couple of my girls, from several days ago.
Note the Heeler (Scarlett) and one of her bones, photo bombed by Carly the girls favorite neighbor.
The second one is of the Scarlett pushing buttons, because she knows the Bedlington (Bluebelle) wants on the Ottoman to be close to her Mama. Scarlett makes sure she lays ALL across the Ottoman, just in case.
The third one is of course what happens when you push a Bedlie's buttons, you get bit. This is the pre-bite picture. :D
boneyard.jpg
buttonpush1.jpg
buttonbite1.jpg

My late "Dixie dog," Ruby would jump straight up from a standing position if she saw a red laser pointer dot on the ceiling. Not a big dog, at about 50 lbs., but she had everything she needed to protect herself. I'm 73" tall, and she could look me straight in the eye when aloft!

rubzJUMP_2.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That's awesome Charlie!

Gregg, those two look like a full time job.

They are, even with 2 adults keeping up with them.
Of course a child gate helps with unauthorized tours of the house.
And in the event of a wandering Bedlie, the Heeler is trained to "look for her sister" and herd her back to the room we're in. ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Herding is what Heelers do best. :p
And button pushing apparently.
Like tonight...the Bedlington barked for 10 minutes straight, one bark after another, because the Heeler was in her spot.
Refer to picture #2 that I posted the other day. :D
After drinking water, some breeds will rub their face along the couch, chair, etc. to dry it off.
Picture #3 occurred this evening, as the Heeler was still atop the ottoman, and decided to "nip" her sister in the snout as she passed by during one of her face rubs.
What happened next (this happens often actually) can only described as a cross between a snake striking, and a lobster grabbing ahold of something with their huge freaking claws!
Bedlingtons are lightening fast, and WILL NOT let up until THEY decide it's over.
These two have been together every day for 5yrs and still fight like human siblings. :D

And button pushing apparently.
Like tonight...the Bedlington barked for 10 minutes straight, one bark after another, because the Heeler was in her spot.
Refer to picture #2 that I posted the other day. :D
After drinking water, some breeds will rub their face along the couch, chair, etc. to dry it off.
Picture #3 occurred this evening, as the Heeler was still atop the ottoman, and decided to "nip" her sister in the snout as she passed by during one of her face rubs.
What happened next (this happens often actually) can only described as a cross between a snake striking, and a lobster grabbing ahold of something with their huge freaking claws!
Bedlingtons are lightening fast, and WILL NOT let up until THEY decide it's over.
These two have been together every day for 5yrs and still fight like human siblings. :D

Yup, that sounds about right. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto