Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

It's been a while since The Prince had been here.

77a47908-185e-499f-8dcd-a683f9cc5523_zpsynoaum0z.jpg

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
~This is Sophie. I rescued her. Apparently someone dumped her out in the city and they found her and her little brother in a ditch on the side of the road.

1375968_10203709484162783_4643671243708724415_n.jpg

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
This is sort of, kind of on topic, but its not a pic. I think its amusing though and (in my experience) very true. Enjoy. J

How To Photograph A Puppy
Remove film from box and load camera.
Remove film box from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.
Remove puppy from trash and brush coffee grounds from muzzle.
Choose a suitable background for photo.
Mount camera on tripod and focus.
Find puppy and take dirty sock from mouth.
Place puppy in pre-focused spot and return to camera.
Forget about spot and crawl after puppy on knees.
Focus with one hand and fend off puppy with other hand.
Get tissue and clean nose print from lens.
Take flashcube from puppy's mouth and throw in trash.
Put cat outside and put peroxide on the scratch on puppy's nose.
Put magazines back on coffee table.
Try to get puppy's attention by squeaking toy over your head... Replace your glasses and check camera for damage.
Jump up in time to grab puppy and say, "No, outside! No, outside!"
Call spouse to clean up the mess.
Fix a drink.
Sit back in Lazy Boy with drink, and resolve to teach puppy "sit" and "stay" the first thing in the morning.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
4 pairs of brand new shoes!!!!!
Her own dog bed is in shreds.
About 10 pairs o socks plus 1 see of underware.

Yeah, this girl has cost me plenty. Lol!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Mine loved shoes, socks, chair/table legs, blankets, toilet paper and tags.
Yes tags! Of the two, the Heeler has "de-tagged" almost anything with a tag she can get her mouth on.
As for the Bedlington, she pulled shoe inserts out for who knows why, and still has an attraction to toilet paper.
To each her own, but to this day we cannot put toilet paper on the roller unless we want to see it strewn all over the house. :eeek:

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My best friend Ben who reached the great Boston age of 15 and is sadly no longer with us:

D31_2301-L.jpg

This photo is before he got really grey in his last couple of years - bit like me really.

Mine loved shoes, socks, chair/table legs, blankets, toilet paper and tags.
Yes tags! Of the two, the Heeler has "de-tagged" almost anything with a tag she can get her mouth on.
As for the Bedlington, she pulled shoe inserts out for who knows why, and still has an attraction to toilet paper.
To each her own, but to this day we cannot put toilet paper on the roller unless we want to see it strewn all over the house. :eeek:

A friend of mine left his puppy in the house for about half an hour alone. The dog chewed every corner of the living room table and end tables---every one. lol lol He had to take a router to the corners to make them look normal again. He had just gotten the living room table! :doh: I told him never to leave a Cattle dog in the house alone. :p

I once worked with a guy about 20 years ago who came to work one day all upset. Said his two half grown Boxers had torn and chewed up their new $1500 leather couch and chair while he and his Wife were out for dinner. I half jokingly asked if the dogs were still among the living. He turned on me yelling "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"!! "I COULDN'T REPLACE MY TOM & JERRY...BUT I CAN BUY ANOTHER COUCH AND CHAIR". Then stormed off. Several of the guys who were standing nearby looked at me shaking their heads..and I looked at them doing the same. I mean this guy was furious at my response. Don't think he ever spoke to me again.
HD

I once worked with a guy about 20 years ago who came to work one day all upset. Said his two half grown Boxers had torn and chewed up their new $1500 leather couch and chair while he and his Wife were out for dinner. I half jokingly asked if the dogs were still among the living. He turned on me yelling "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"!! "I COULDN'T REPLACE MY TOM & JERRY...BUT I CAN BUY ANOTHER COUCH AND CHAIR". Then stormed off. Several of the guys who were standing nearby looked at me shaking their heads..and I looked at them doing the same. I mean this guy was furious at my response. Don't think he ever spoke to me again.
HD

That guy must have bought a lot of $1500 couches. :p

My best friend Ben who reached the great Boston age of 15 and is sadly no longer with us:

D31_2301-L.jpg

This photo is before he got really grey in his last couple of years - bit like me really.
I am sorry for your loss, David. He's quite a handsome fellow. I'm a big fan of those little Boston bulldogs.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Dale. Ben was a rescue dog and had a ton of health issues - it's a miracle he had so much time with us.

We have another Boston, Pearl, who is the daughter of champions and really has that Boston "look at me, I'm a little ****" attitude.

She's still in NH at the moment, we are doing a Boston >> Ft Worth road trip with her right after Easter.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

D31_2301-L.jpg

So sorry to hear this...
I'm a Terrier fan, on my second one now (since 1978)...a Bedlington.
The Bedlington is my wife's first, and she's now realizing that they really are stubborn when they want to be, and very loving when they want to be (or when it's convenient whatever works for them :p).

James your friend learned the hard way. My first ACD was left out of her room one day (while I was working late), by a relative of mine. When I came home, the dog was curled up on the dining room table, and toilet paper was strewn all over the house, but thankfully no "accidents" had taken place. I did catch her opening the kitchen cabinet shortly after that, (because she had seen me do it earlier in the day) and put her head in a box of cereal. The next event is something you usually see on a comedy show. She took her head out of the box, turned around to see me, and wasn't shocked at all. She simply gave me a wag of the tail, continued smacking, and then tried to put her head BACK in the box before I grabbed it. ;)

Last edited:

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
HD
Aw that’s guy was being ridiculous. I am a dog fan and work with rescue groups, etc…and even *I* knew you were joking. I’ve even joked about that when my own pup destroyed something…like my mom’s $3000 hearing aid. Some folks just need to get a sense of humor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy