Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
My best friend Ben who reached the great Boston age of 15 and is sadly no longer with us:

D31_2301-L.jpg

This photo is before he got really grey in his last couple of years - bit like me really.

Sorry to hear this man. Its hard to get over the loss of a best friend like that. My own dog ‘Puddles’ was in bad shape and I had to put her to sleep last March 2014. I cried like a baby too. But she was in such pain, had fallen down the stairs a couple of times and had fluid on her heart and could hardly breathe anymore. Tore me up.
These dogs really become a part of you don’t they. I really do hope they are playing in heaven. J

Oh God! Sophie just walked into the house with a half eaten mouse in her mouth! Throwup!!!!!!!
10477347_10204362371884568_5834320452830928441_n.jpg
Ha! Just walked in the house? You got off easy. I'll never forget one night years ago, our old dog Ellie was just a pup, my wife was climbing into bed one night and felt something wet and gross. Flipped on the light and there it was ......the rear end of a half eaten mouse, right up in the middle of the bed. LOL

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Jake found me at the tennis courts when I was real young & abandoned.
He brought me home,fed me & gave me affection. I don't let no one near me except him.

xfapab.jpg

As a show of gratitude, when he lets me play in the backyard, I do my part as
a food provider & will bring a mouse, or bird & leave at the back door. :)

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Ha! Just walked in the house? You got off easy. I'll never forget one night years ago, our old dog Ellie was just a pup, my wife was climbing into bed one night and felt something wet and gross. Flipped on the light and there it was ......the rear end of a half eaten mouse, right up in the middle of the bed. LOL
Eeeeewwww. lol Yeah she was so proud of that mouse too. And honestly, she was headed to my bed with it. Glad I caught her. She walked in, and there was a foot, and a long rat tail hanging down. Yuk.

Eeeeewwww. lol Yeah she was so proud of that mouse too. And honestly, she was headed to my bed with it. Glad I caught her. She walked in, and there was a foot, and a long rat tail hanging down. Yuk.

Don’t be hard on your pets that bring you such “presents.” I know Zeus takes care of plenty of rats, mice, possums etc. etc. I give him praise and a reward for every one. He is an outdoor dog so it doesn’t come in the house but as I see it, he is keep my yard free from vermin and if he wants that job then by all means he can have it and get paid for it. :p A plastic bag over my hand and a close garbage can takes care of it later. :p It also means I get to have more of my own fruit from the trees I grow---for me in the first place. :p

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I know, and I did praise her. But it was sickening and funny at the same time. And I did make her eat a handful of milk bones before I’d let her too close to me. She was so proud of that mouse! lol I never knew dogs were mousers. My previous dog (Puddles) was good about chasing bugs and it was so comical to watch her eat a wasp. I guess it was like her eating a hot pepper. ;)

Barman

Familiar Face
Here's my cat Louie, he's a 2 years old stray we got from the shelter when he was 6 months old.
He's a very sociable pet who loves people (always on someone's lap, even strangers), truly a big lover of a cat, but also a damn bruiser towards any other animal coming his way! :eeek:

So far he's killed 2 snakes, a dozen birds and countless mice.
When I get up in the morning (around 6:00am), I open the window so that he can go outside.
30 minutes later, when I'm about to leave for work, I often find lots of feathers and bloody bits of flesh around the living room.
The sad part is that I feel obliged to congratulate him!:eusa_clap
He brings home his hunt trophies as gifts to me.
louie 3.jpg
louie 2.jpg
louie.jpg

Last edited:
I know, and I did praise her. But it was sickening and funny at the same time. And I did make her eat a handful of milk bones before I’d let her too close to me. She was so proud of that mouse! lol I never knew dogs were mousers. My previous dog (Puddles) was good about chasing bugs and it was so comical to watch her eat a wasp. I guess it was like her eating a hot pepper. ;)

I think I might have told this one before but I might as well do it again. :p My dog, Zeus, and I usually play around with “get the rat” when I go out to the garage/laundry room. I open the door to the garage from the laundry room and tell him to get the rat. He runs around and goes all nuts until he is tired of looking. Well one day, I let him the the garage and I heard screaming and growling. I looked and he had a rat by the neck and was dragging him out. Quickly I told him to take it outside. He went out the laundry room door and finished it off. Good dog. I had no idea that was in there. Works for me. Lots of praise and treats were given. :D We still play get the rat but he hasn’t gotten any since.
Finding a possum in the backyard was another interesting one. My previous dog---Samantha had about forty animals to her credit. She nailed a possum family of 8 one night alone. :p Australian Cattle Dogs are better hunters than most any other pet you can get. They catch more mice and rodents than any cat I have ever owned---and I have had TC the cat for over 17 years now. :p

Here's my cat Louie, he's a 2 years old stray we got from the shelter when he was 6 months old.
He's a very sociable pet who loves people (always on someone's lap, even strangers), truly a big lover of a cat, but also a damn bruiser towards any other animal coming his way! :eeek:

So far he's killed 2 snakes, a dozen birds and countless mice.
When I get up in the morning (around 6:00am), I open the window so that he can go outside.
30 minutes later, when I'm about to leave for work, I often find lots of feathers and bloody bits of flesh around the living room.
The sad part is that I feel obliged to congratulate him!:eusa_clap
He brings home his hunt trophies as gifts to me.
View attachment 26004
View attachment 26005
View attachment 26006

Good cat! Good Boy! Time for some tuna and hugs.:p

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
My previous dog (Puddles) was part Chow and part bulldog. Had spotted gums and an attitude to go along with it. Sweet to me and mom but not very social able (like someone I know). ;) Anyway when she was about a yr old, Puddles was outside playing over at moms. I was inside and as I was leaving I looked in the yard. There was a mama coon, Puddles and about 6 dead baby coons. I felt sorry for the coons, but hey…they made the mistake of coming into Puddles’ yard!
24065_1391617195630_983559_n.jpg
71506_1681384919642_8337943_n.jpg

(Puddles, my best friend).

I had another dog named Odie. She was part feist and all squirrel dog. I used to hunt in those days and Odie was learning. It was getting really dark and Odie treed. Many she was putting on a show. I thought I could see where the critter was (I didn’t know exactly *what* it was, but being young, I shot up in there anyway.
Down came a squirrel. It hit the ground and Odie (still a pup) was on it in a flash. All of a sudden I heard a commotion and Odie was squealing. That squirrel was a tough ol buzzard and it had bit Odie on the top lip. Lol! Odie was squealing and backpedaling and finally the squirrel turned loose and walked off. I was laughing too hard to kill the poor beast.

But Odie learned and that never happened again. She’d get em by the neck after that.
I stopped hunting shortly after that though. Odies was a sweetheart though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy