Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Qwkslvr

One of the Regulars
kpreed said:
Photo2.jpg

My Service Dog " Captain Hook" an "Aussie"
KristiinPink1.jpg

Captain Hook's buddy and chew toy... "Kristi" Our "La La" girl, nothing bothers her.
We have two more Chocolate Labs, but they have no photos (YET) on this computer.

I like Cats, but so do the Eagles, Hawks and Coyotes up here.
Captain Hook looks like a magnificent animal. Say "Hello" for me.

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
Sometimes I wonder what our pets think of us.

I was looking for something in a closet yesterday and found this bizarre stuffed pumpkin that I bought at a Christmas Tree Shop years ago (I don't usually get a lot of holiday stuff but the expression on this thing cracked me up). What should I do with it I wondered? Obviously, I should pose my brown guinea pig on top it, and I ran off to do just that. The result:

Brownie.jpg

Brownie is so patient with me.

GAH! so cute!! the expressions on both faces are hysterical! i love the piggies little lips. *smoosh*
i had a guinea pig for a long time. he was like yours, an abyssinian (sp?), but a nice milk chocolate brown...so i called him chewbacca. hurrr. soooo obvious, i know.lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KristiinPink1.jpg

Captain Hook's buddy and chew toy... "Kristi" Our "La La" girl, nothing bothers her.
We have two more Chocolate Labs, but they have no photos (YET) on this computer.

I like Cats, but so do the Eagles, Hawks and Coyotes up here.[/QUOTE]

Aww, I love everybody's pets so much. They are all so adorable. But this particular picture really made me smile!! Such a regal looking girl, and I love the tiara!!

IMOF, my kitties have been victims of my need to pose them with silly things too. Your little one is so darn cute. What a face!!

Well, I've got some new pictures of my girlies! Lily is officially on a diet. Catkins, no carbs for this chubby girl! It's really sad:( I honestly don't know how she got to be so big!

No boxes are safe when my Miely Cat is around!! This kitty has a box in every room of the house. It's so sad when a box is too small for her. She'll try for hours to squeeze her pudgy little body into them, usually she ends up with one stuck on her head!! Always when the camera isn't around. The ones she can't fit into, she sits on top of. I know I've told this before but she has 3 toy mice, 2 small ones and one pretty big one that shes had since she was a kitten. She carries them with her, licks them clean, and she even puts them to bed at night. It's so cute to see her sleeping on top of a fed ex box with her head right next to the head of her big gray mouse. She places it in the box, but leaves his head sticking out, like a kid tucked in at night! I too wonder what goes on in her mind, what possesses her to choose one mouse over another. She lives them in the strangest places too. One she likes to kick under the gap between the floor and the closet door, then she gets all upset when she can't get it out of the closet. Another she puts on her food dish after she's done eating, and the other goes in whatever box she chooses to sleep in. She also loves bags, and I have to check any bag before throwing them out, for she usually leaves a mouse or two in the ones that are left lying around. She is a strange little animal, which makes me love her even more!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
kpreed said:
Photo2.jpg

Aww--so pretty! I have an Aussie mix & I'm just overwhelmed at how smart he is. He WANTS me to train him. I had a bag of Kibbles & Bits and decided to go over his commands the other night and finally got tired and poured some in a bowl for him--he refused to eat from the bowl & wanted to keep shaking hands, and sitting, and playing dead, and on & on for it! :eusa_doh:

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
This is my 5 year old shih tzu - Marley, he's so adorable and very quite, yet really playful:

Image000.jpg

marley4.jpg

Please note that polka dot bow :p

And this is my new puppy Vader, he's still very young and super hyper!
LloydWiccuMaffeg.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE

Image000.jpg

marley4.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Another adorable baby...his polka dot little bow!!!! Look at the expression he has :D I want to play whith him and hold him !!!!!!! Too cuuuuuutee!:D

dostacos

Practically Family
My wife has been a life long "dog person" our last was a pure bred Red Dobie female that weighed 90 pounds, [the breeder is going for a new breed, GIANT Dobie] Kidron was beautiful, but came down with cancer and she had to be put down. I was planning on a pair of rescue Greyhounds after a suitable period of mourning.....

ok, our oldest son came home one morning and leaves a cardboard box in his room and calls his mom and says ah.... it's a rescue and I will find it another home.

RIGHT, so now my wife has become a "cat person" by the name of Amelie [one of my sons favorite movies]

about a year later, he comes home with a very little furry face poking it's head out of his jacket. It seems that a co-worker's husband told her, momma and one other, but when I get home the rest WILL BE GONE or I won't come home.

So since Amelie's boyfriend in the movie was Nino, we now have TWO cats one boy one girl. and now my wife has told me if one dies she will IMMEDIATELY find a replacement [so much for my dogs:eusa_doh: ]. The younger cat Nino does have some congenital issues so he may not be around for the normal cat time:(

this is a shot of them in their newest favorite spot to sit, MY wheelchair by the window lol

nenoamlie-1.jpg

nenoontop.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
dostacos said:
...this is a shot of them in their newest favorite spot to sit, MY wheelchair by the window lol

Well, that's typical cat behaviour: find the most important, prestigious sitting place - as indicated by their owners - and then take it over.

The only solution is to get yourself a second, less comfortable wheelchair, and use that yourself. No point trying to reclaim the better of the two - the cats won't stand for that. lol

Our cat always preferred the tops of monitors, until we all got rid of our CRTs and got flatscreens instead. Here she is, sitting on my monitor some years ago:

Bubba050114.jpg

And here she is poking her tongue out (she had her top fangs removed ages ago, and now her tongue sometimes just kinda stays out, like she forgets about it):

BubbaHatesYou.jpg

Here she is getting squished by our boy bassett (who passed away last year):

bubba.jpg

And here he is launching after a digestive biscuit:

Roo2.jpg

(He caught it, by the way.)

dostacos

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
Well, that's typical cat behaviour: find the most important, prestigious sitting place - as indicated by their owners - and then take it over.

The only solution is to get yourself a second, less comfortable wheelchair, and use that yourself. No point trying to reclaim the better of the two - the cats won't stand for that. lol

Our cat always preferred the tops of monitors, until we all got rid of our CRTs and got flatscreens instead. Here she is, sitting on my monitor some years ago:

Bubba050114.jpg

And here she is poking her tongue out (she had her top fangs removed ages ago, and now her tongue sometimes just kinda stays out, like she forgets about it):

BubbaHatesYou.jpg

Here she is getting squished by our boy bassett (who passed away last year):

bubba.jpg

And here he is launching after a digestive biscuit:

Roo2.jpg

(He caught it, by the way.)
we used to feed our dobie yeast tablets for fleas and we would put them on her nose and she would have to wait until we said ok, she would then swing her head to one side then grab the pill mid air.

My wife has taught Nino [black male] to fetch. she throws a wrapped candy like you get at a restaurant and he runs grabs it and brings it back. every now and then we will hear the rattling of the plastic wrapper in the wee hours of the morning my wife then needs to find it so he does not keep her awake. [no he does not try to eat them he just bats them around]

fatwoul

Practically Family
PrettySquareGal said:
That is an incredible picture! I'm glad he caught it! :)

Thanks. Yeah, pretty amazing, too, since it doesn't look like he would make it. When biscuits were involved he was always a highly motivated animal.

dostacos said:
we used to feed our dobie yeast tablets for fleas and we would put them on her nose and she would have to wait until we said ok, she would then swing her head to one side then grab the pill mid air...

OK this is funny on two levels:

1) Trying to imagine a bassett - any bassett - displaying that kind of restraint and obedience is hilarious to me, based on experience.

2) Our bassetts both became adept at filtering tablets from their food. No matter what we hid tablets in - bits of meat, cheese, didn't matter - they would eat the food, and then spit out the tablet. Eventually we just stopped messing about and used to put the tablets right inside their mouths, and then close their mouths until they swallowed them. Hey it was either tough love from us, or an injection from the vet, and they hated needles more tha pills. lol

dostacos said:
My wife has taught Nino [black male] to fetch. she throws a wrapped candy like you get at a restaurant and he runs grabs it and brings it back. every now and then we will hear the rattling of the plastic wrapper in the wee hours of the morning my wife then needs to find it so he does not keep her awake. [no he does not try to eat them he just bats them around]

Our cat keeps us awake too. She gets lonely. In the middle of the night when she gets really clingy she will find an open bedroom door and jump on someone's face until they wake up and talk to her. She talks back, too. Has at least 5 distinct words of her own, that mean different things.

fatwoul

Practically Family
LOL ever seen one when they're a puppy? Ours tripped over their ears all the time. lol

dostacos

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
LOL ever seen one when they're a puppy? Ours tripped over their ears all the time. lol
In high school I had a friend with a basset, his name was manners, because of the lack of them:D he would ALWAYS end up with his ears in the food bowl:eek:

Kishtu

Practically Family
Fatwoul and Dostacos - I thought our Graeme was the only cat who played fetch!

He has a paper fetish, but before you throw it for him to retrieve, he has to have it rubbed all over his head (not as you would expect his chin where his scent glands are, but the top of his head between his ears.... ???)

He also likes to tear pages out of books that he doesn't approve of...

dostacos

Practically Family
Kishtu said:
Fatwoul and Dostacos - I thought our Graeme was the only cat who played fetch!

He has a paper fetish, but before you throw it for him to retrieve, he has to have it rubbed all over his head (not as you would expect his chin where his scent glands are, but the top of his head between his ears.... ???)

He also likes to tear pages out of books that he doesn't approve of...
our two are totally different, both are totally indoor cats, [my wife goes crazy if one gets out,we have BIRDS that will eat them:eek: as well as 4 legged cat eaters] the male does everything he can to get out and keeps trying new methods. He also does not like to be held, and only will accept petting when he is getting ready to sleep ON TOP OF MY WIFE lol every time she rolls over he walks over stands on me until she settles down then right back to her. He also begs to drink out of the bathroom sink with HIS own cup. when he is finished Amelie sometimes will also "ask" for a drink.

She MUST be held and stroked by someone daily lol
she also has a small beanie baby koala bear she will carry it in her mouth and cry as she walks around, she does it once or twice a day then not at all for a couple of days. cats are strange, yeah they are....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart