Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Kishtu said:
Fatwoul and Dostacos - I thought our Graeme was the only cat who played fetch!

He has a paper fetish, .

My moms cat, Slick, plays fetch with straws. And they can only be blue straws or he won't have anything to do with them. Which amazes me because I thought cats were color blind.

My cats have a paper fetish as well. They love to sit on top of it, no matter what the size. If there is a sheet of tablet paper or newspaper on the floor, they have to sit on it. If that piece of paper happens to be sitting in the middle of a sunbeam, then they have achieved cat nirvana!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
dostacos said:
down then right back to her. He also begs to drink out of the bathroom sink with HIS own cup. when he is finished Amelie sometimes will also "ask" for a drink.
lol My cat Molly will only drink water from her special cup on the nightstand next to my bed. In order to keep her from drinking out my glass of water, I had to give Molly her own glass. Now she won't drink from anything or anywhere else.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Qwkslvr said:
Here's my two boys. They're brothers of the same birth.
Two-years-old this coming Thanksgiving.
IMG_0001.jpg

Qwkslvr, they are really sweet boys.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Kishtu said:
Fatwoul and Dostacos - I thought our Graeme was the only cat who played fetch!

He has a paper fetish, but before you throw it for him to retrieve, he has to have it rubbed all over his head (not as you would expect his chin where his scent glands are, but the top of his head between his ears.... ???)

He also likes to tear pages out of books that he doesn't approve of...

The topic of cats and books reminds me of I had a cat while I was in high school named Striped. The poor thing was a stray I got from the shelter and very suspicious of people when I first got him--didn't want to be touched, etc.

One night I was laying on my stomach reading in bed when a paw came shooting up from between the wall and the mattress and thwacked down on the page I was reading. I looked into the space and there was Striped, standing on his hind legs and doing the first playful thing I'd ever seen. I moved his paw and pretended not to notice him so, of course he did it again. It was this little game we'd play for years--sometimes he'd move his paw to try and turn the page so I couldn't read it. I made sure the books were ones I wouldn't mind a few rumpled pages in (like my biology book, my trig book...).

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Can everyone's pets come and live at my house?

I realized that I have posted pictures of the ever lovely and vivacious Miss Mollyanna Pussypants (a.k.a Molly), but I haven't posted any pictures of the lil' squirt, Gertrude McGillicuddy (a.k.a. Gertie). Here she is doing her best imitation of 'Tilla:
IMAG0110.jpg

Gertie is a full of attitude, spunk, silliness and affection. She is not shy in the least. She loves to sit in your lap and dance the "Gertusi," (kneading her paws). She gets her whole body in on the action. We hadn't even meant to adopt her, we saw her at Pet Smart one day and fell in love.

This is Gertie on the day after we brought her home. She had such an exhausting day moving in and exploring on her first day at home that she slept the entire second day:
Gertie1.jpg

She was such a crazy ball of kitten energy, that the only time I could really get a picture of her was when she was asleep because she wouldn't sit still long enough for a picture otherwise.

Here she is full of "Gertitude" and unafraid of the world:
IMAG0097.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Two very handsome boys you have there, Qwkslvr! Worth a second look! :)

Qwkslvr said:
Here's my two boys. They're brothers of the same birth.
Two-years-old this coming Thanksgiving.
IMG_0001.jpg

Lee

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
Can everyone's pets come and live at my house?

I realized that I have posted pictures of the ever lovely and vivacious Miss Mollyanna Pussypants (a.k.a Molly), but I haven't posted any pictures of the lil' squirt, Gertrude McGillicuddy (a.k.a. Gertie). Here she is doing her best imitation of 'Tilla:
IMAG0110.jpg

Haahaahaa!! You have an L-shaped cat! (Or is she 7-shaped? lol)
I can see her spunk! It really shines!
Silly cats and their sleeping positions! :D

Lee

Thank you for the tribute to 'Tilla! :D

Jovan

Suspended
Our cat was asleep like that the other night when we were having some drinks here. Upon seeing this, one of my roommates remarked, "Kira's passed out already? What a pussy!"

Jovan

Suspended
Cats are very light sleepers from my experience. I swear Hobbes would wake up if I so much as stepped lightly in front of her. o_O Kira seems to be an exception.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
'Tilla sometimes gets to sleeping so heavily that I can flick his paws and ears and he doesn't wake up. I've even raised a paw and dropped it without disturbing his sleep. In fact, I've raised his head by tugging on an ear and then dropping it without waking him. lol

Lee

And then there's the dream twitching. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen