Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Tom-n-Perris said:
Here are my two babies:

Joker he is half Pembroke Corgi and Sheltie
DSCF0041_2.jpg

Harlee Quinn she is half Australian Cattle dog and Basset Hound
DSCF0042_2.jpg

Haha, I love these two dogs they both look so happy!

This is me with my boy. His name is Al. He doesn't look very happy to be getting his picture taken, poor lad :p

n61005476_36353344_1936.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My kitty died today.

She was one of our "wedding kittens" because there was an entire litter born on our wedding day. After her mother rejected her on a hot paving stone on a day predicted to reach 110 degrees, my husband and I adopted the entire litter - one week after our wedding.

yoda.JPG

She had been sick her entire life, and is the #1 reason we didn't invite people to our house. Yes, we were some of those foolish people who adopted animals and don't put them down because they needed special care.

yoda_drawer_small.jpg

She's been really sick these last two weeks, but we made a decision to not get her treatment. We have spent untold thousands of dollars on her, and no one could ever tell us what was wrong. We've tried to get her well for 13 years and nothing, absolutely nothing has worked. So, throwing more money at her would not fix any of her many problems.

Her name was Yoda, because she looked exactly like Yoda from Star Wars the first few weeks of her life - even down to the two hairs on the top of the head.

She will be missed.

Kishtu

Practically Family
That's sad - but at least she was loved and she died loved.
And from the beginning of her life, that you were at, she wouldn't have ever known a day when she wasn't cherished and cared for.

For what that's worth....it's not much consolation to you but I bet it was to her.

Kishtu (who isn't much of a cyber-hugger but thinks one would be appropriate...)

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Sorry for your loss, Vintage Betty.
My wife and I had a similar experience with our cat Sandy, who is also no longer with us. Two surgeries, meds and special food couldn't save her either though she lived about as long as your dear Yoda. Like you, we finally let nature take it course.
It's so hard to lose a good friend and member of the family. :(

WH1

Practically Family
Betty, sorry to hear about Yoda, but 13 years is a amazing life for a cat who would have probably not made it through the first few weeks if you hadn't made the commitment to her.

The Shirt

Practically Family
VB - Hugs to you today. I'm sorry for your loss. It's amazing how we sculpt our lives around these creatures of joy. Sometimes so much so that their absence is felt in our every moment. May you find some comfort in knowing that you did give her a long loved life.

Edward

Bartender
Betty, sorry to hear of your loss - it is a wrench when one of the furries comes to the end of their time. I'm sure Yoda knew how care for she was by her adoptive parents.

Arriving home from an evening at the London Burlesque Social Club last night (well.... early this morning, really), I couldn't resist trying a snap with Marlene, as she seemed to compliment my outfit. She'd have been more visible if she would have stayed still, though.... I guess whatever was gonig on around us was much more intersting than the camera (and she's usually such a poseur!).

Uploaded8August2008014.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Arriving home from an evening at the London Burlesque Social Club last night (well.... early this morning, really), I couldn't resist trying a snap with Marlene, as she seemed to compliment my outfit. She'd have been more visible if she would have stayed still, though.... I guess whatever was gonig on around us was much more intersting than the camera (and she's usually such a poseur!).

Uploaded8August2008014.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My guess is she was trying to untie your bow as it is improper to come crawling in at the wee hours with it properly tied. Signs of a poorly attempted debauch!:eek: :D

Great outfit and perfect hat.

Edward

Bartender
lol or maybe she was horrified at how poorly it was tied (combination of new bow bought in a rush and not having time to properly gauge the correct length to set it to - I think I overshot by half an inch).

Thanks, that homberg has become a real favourite for evening wear. Quite the bargain too - genuine vintage (by a hatters on Picadilly, here in London - forget the name. I think it's forties manufacture, but really don't know). Picked it up on eBay for GBP20 about a year ago. :)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
VB...I'm sorry about the loss of your cat Yoda. :(

Last summer when my cat was diagnosed with diabetes I spent $$$ on her too. Not really caring what anyone else thought. She lived 6 more months and she had a great summer! That was worth all the $$$ to me.

D

DeaconKC

Betty I am so sorry for your loss, our cat is almost 18 and we know she won't be here much longer either. I hope this pic will give you a little smile.....
jedicat2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred