Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
What a gorgeous cat, she's such a cutie with eyes to die for.

shes gorgous!! i love cats but cannt have one anymore as ive become allergic to their hair since my 30s...

As im typing this montys "telling" me off as usual...its his turn!!:eusa_clap

Paddy....i love your two...theres a couple moved upstairs with two exactly the same breed and colours called them Salt and Pepper! ive nock named them the Krays as they work as a pair of thugs with Monty!...he loves playing with them!...theyre such characters, pepper ate a 3kg bag of sugar last week and was sick for a week!:eusa_doh:

tempestbella42 said:
shes gorgous!! i love cats but cannt have one anymore as ive become allergic to their hair since my 30s...

Actually people that are allergic to cats are allergic to their Dander. When cats clean themselves they lick their fur and the saliva drys to become a powder (dander). That powder acts as an irritant, I think it's the digestive enzymes that are the culprit. Supposedly if you shampoo the cats weekly it cuts down the allergic reactions.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Paddy and Tempest!

Actually, I used to be really allergic to cats. Couldn't be around them inside or I'd instantly get stuffed up and start sneezing. But after the ex and I brought one indoors, I slowly got used to her and within a few months, the allergies started to get better and better. Now I'm virtually allergy-free. :)

Elizabeth.F

Familiar Face
Here are mine (wearing my knitting no less!)
First is Kaiser:
3419400072_90eaf0bede.jpg

And here is Dona:
3419400074_d4f44973d2.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
PADDY, them lil dogses remind me of 2 Schnauzers that live down the block from me. Anytime I walk by the house, they appear in the front window yap yap yappin'. They look like great fun, and so do your pups.

Amateis, shelter kitties are the greatest. Yay you for choosing one. Kitty Foyle sends catitude.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
John in Covina said:
Actually people that are allergic to cats are allergic to their Dander. When cats clean themselves they lick their fur and the saliva drys to become a powder (dander). That powder acts as an irritant, I think it's the digestive enzymes that are the culprit. Supposedly if you shampoo the cats weekly it cuts down the allergic reactions.

arr..now that could be the reason why not ALL cats i meet effect me!:D

Pduck

One of the Regulars
John in Covina said:

I've tried giving my cat Carl a bath, but I keep getting hair on my tongue.

Carl1.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yes Fletch, both young Schnauzers :)

And you're right, they are pretty vocal and territorial, but for their size they have so much heart and soul :) This pic (below) is with Ross, the eldest (6-years-old).

Suit1939DB008.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
First, thanks to everyone who posted condolences on the loss of Echo on March 24. Unfortunately, more sad news followed...her best friend, Chloe, joined her a week later on April 1.

Following Echo's loss, Chloe stopped eating (her favorite pastime!) and drinking. After a weekend of this, we took her to the vet to discover her liver enzymes were off the scale. Further diagnosis suggested liver cancer. She was euthanized a week and a day following our loss of Echo.

As you will see by the photos below, they were truly the best of friends and my wife and I believe that as much as they loved us, they loved each other that much more. They were "yin" and "yang" - in many ways, complete opposites, yet incomplete without the other.

Chloe was our clown...the one who always demanded our attention and was an endless source of spontaneous laughter. She was convinced that human beings were placed on Earth to pet her and went out of her way to make sure everyone she met was provided ample opportunity to do so.

Our home seems empty without them, but our grief is lessened in knowing that they are together. It is as it was and as it was always meant to be.

Rest well, girls!

chloe.jpg

birthday_chloe.jpg

food_box.jpg

Summertime.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Johnnysan - I am actually weepy at work for you. My sympathy for your losses. One is heartbreaking, but both is unimaginable. It is amazing to think that even our 4 footed friends have their own soulmates.

Pduck

One of the Regulars
Johnnysan said:
First, thanks to everyone who posted condolences on the loss of Echo on March 24. Unfortunately, more sad news followed...her best friend, Chloe, joined her a week later on April 1.

Following Echo's loss, Chloe stopped eating (her favorite pastime!) and drinking. After a weekend of this, we took her to the vet to discover her liver enzymes were off the scale. Further diagnosis suggested liver cancer. She was euthanized a week and a day following our loss of Echo.

As you will see by the photos below, they were truly the best of friends and my wife and I believe that as much as they loved us, they loved each other that much more. They were "yin" and "yang" - in many ways, complete opposites, yet incomplete without the other.

Chloe was our clown...the one who always demanded our attention and was an endless source of spontaneous laughter. She was convinced that human beings were placed on Earth to pet her and went out of her way to make sure everyone she met was provided ample opportunity to do so.

Our home seems empty without them, but our grief is lessened in knowing that they are together. It is as it was and as it was always meant to be.

Rest well, girls!

I am so sorry for your loss. What wonderful friends/family they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo