Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
CAT LITTER ISSUES

Cat folks, what kind of litter and box are you using?

I've always had male cats in the past. I used to use the automatic cat box with the clumping litter. Loved it.
But these girls I have pee in the corner of the box and the automatic won't work for that. They dig to the bottom of box, pee, and then nothing clumps or gets absorbed.

I've used the silicon crystals and while I love how it works I don't think it's healthy for them.

I like the Feline Pine. It's cheap, absorbs the smell, enviromentally safe. But they don't like it.:(
I'm at my wits end.

Mr. Bowers your kitty is a long lost relative I believe... Here are Katie and Melly watching a bunny.
Nikki
620830441_ec4b738dff.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OH BK, I'd keep that rascal. Sounds like he's had quite a rough life. If you want to look for previous owners, check with the local humane society or pound. I'm always afraid if you just advertise that you've found a lost pet that someone evil might pick them up for the hell of it. (yes, I'm paranoid)
Besides, he looks quite attached and content.
Nikki

Baron Kurtz said:
We've recently been adopted by this monster. he has been hanging around in our garden for about 3-4 months and just recently starved himself for days until we gave him food out of pity at his thinness. We think he has a home locally, but prefers ours. (He chose us, we did nothing to attract him other than being friendly. I'm unsure what to do. Part of me thinks that the cat should choose where he wants to stay, but i hate to think what his other people are going through with him missing)

A vicious little beast, he enjoys hunting magpies and other birds around the neighbourhood, is extremely territorial and has had many many fights in the garden - his name, Scarface, comes from the (surprise, surprise) scars on his face - and spends hours of an evening digging his claws into my knee and belly/chest.

Scarface1.jpg

bk

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
well i see that i am not the only one to know the pleasures of owning an Australian cattle dog lol ...i think the most of them i had at one time was 6 but then i also had a beauceron at the same time. my mom actually breeds them so i've been around them for quite awhile.

this is maya my latest girl. i have to dig up a more recent pic of her though cause that is about a year old. she is such a cutie.
DSCN0349.jpg

then this is my boy doc. best bud you could ever hope for. he is a working dog, and we are working on getting him use to carrying a pack when we go hiking.
doc_sitting.jpg

and this is max my old detection dog. this picture was taken while we were taking a break working our way through a rain forest. sadly max has passed on.
max.jpg

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
Litter issues

Ohairas,
They do look like they could be related! Tobey is an outdoor & indoor cat. I installed a cat flap in the garage for him so he comes and goes as he pleases. The litter box is only an issue in the winter. It is a covered model in the basement laundry room and we use just plain non-clumping, multi-cat litter. We do have another old female which is a nasty old bitty that I do not like at all. She is also uses the litter box with no problem. K.B.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
One pug likes to stand on the coffee table, does that count?
Kitty Foyle's favorite hangout these hot days is the library coffee table at the folks place. It's a cool surface, has a great view of the living room, and she can rub her lil kitty jowls on the beveled edge and get pettins from all and sundry.

DrMags

New in Town
Ok

So I have two cats, brother and sister who I got when they were about 6 weeks old. Theyre now about 2 1/2.

I noticed some of our members have Shiba's. (Shiba Inus) I've been in love with these since living with a roommate in grad school who had one. Sweetest thing ever.

I want a dog that can tolerate the two cats, and can live in an apartment if necessary. I wanted Jacks originally (jack russells), but I just dont have the time or yard space to devote enough energy to them.

any one else here have shibas with cats?

apollo as a kitten:
domino.jpg

athena as a little one:
karlie.jpg

all grown up:
apollo3.JPG

apollo4.JPG

athena3.JPG

athena4.JPG

mike

Call Me a Cab
the cerebus of canines the double headed doppleganger of doggiedom!

what you've got here is none other than my girlfriend and my own wonderful bouncing bulldogs Lulu (4 years) and Dr. Gogol (5 months)!
DSCN1371.jpg

DSCN1377.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
I'll say it again: they know they're cute. Too Cute!!!! I love bullies!!! Love their names!

thanks guys! yes they are our babies! Dr. Gogol is going up so fast it's amazing to watch, soon I'm afraid he will fill the room! :p

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Please indulge my picture posting frenzy. My Baby who I’ve had for sixteen years died yesterday. She was an awesome person…er..cat. She carted around an eight inch rubber band toy and could leap from floor to refrigerator in one bound (in her younger days). She liked to get down by leaping onto the shoulders of unsuspecting passersby. She spent her days lying on my shoulders as I went around doing chores. I miss her :(

baby3.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby1.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Trixie, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your feline friend. It sure can be hard to say good-bye, especially when they become a member of your family. Pets truely are special friends.

My gal Molly is 14 and she's starting to slow down. I've begun to worry about her health and age recently and have become a fuss pot over her (giving her vitamins, keeping her out of the heat, watching her diet, etc.).

Molly.jpg

Trixie, condolences on your loss - two weeks ago I was preparing for the worst, but prayers got answered and my companion parrot of twelve years has returned from death's door. Administered the last of a series of injections yesterday - to much relief for both of us! To lose such an understanding soul is to feel cut off from the world. Tuxedo cats are swellegant. Wish I had some hokey nugget of comfort to offer, but there never is. So please accept this drivel with the sincere spirit which it is offered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner