Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
id love a spider!
love cats and always thought id have llat least one and never a dog!
but as ive got older ive become allergic to cats...doesnt stop me loving them all though!!:)(just look like ive been in a boxing ring with mike tyson after!!lol)

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
dandelion-vint said:
Wow, I didn't know that spiders could live that long.

Yeah, had her since '95. Female's of the species live far longer than males do, mostly because the smaller males usually get eaten by the larger females after mating. This type is a "Rose-haired" tarantula and can live up to two decades.

HadleyH said:
mannySpaghetti, she isn't friendly....she isn't a friendly spider. I can tell!

Sure she is. She'll crawl all over you without incident, just don't provoke her. lol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My rule is if it has more than 4 legs or 2 eyes, don't pet it unless it's a caterpillar, and don't eat it unless it's an octopus or a squid.
squidb1.jpg

Mmmm, squid.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic:

Fletch said:
My rule is if it has more than 4 legs or 2 eyes, don't pet it unless it's a caterpillar, and don't eat it unless it's an octopus or a squid.

Would you care for a deep fried tarantula doused in pepper-lime? :eek: :p lol
fried_spider.jpg

* No offense to Harriet* ;)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Little Baggie went to her new home, today. She and her new human took to each other immediately and with great affection. She'll be missed in this household, but we know she'll have a great life filled with fun and love. :eusa_clap

Here are a couple pictures I took of her Tuesday night:

Baggie looking innocent: :rolleyes:
Baggie-look-DSC_9823.jpg

(In fact, this is the last picture I'd taken of her.)

The real Baggie: :p
Baggie-yawn-DSC_9804.jpg

Thank you,
Lee

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
The late Bateman, a Doberman who belonged to a friend of mine. Bateman was a bit like his namesake: He was good looking, a real ladies' man, had a privileged upbringing (well, after his adoption), lived in a nice flat, dressed well (as you can see, he was partial to tweed and tailored clothing)...but had some...issues with misogynism and violence.

Evileye.jpg

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
I'll find some photos

Any animal that needs adopting finds its way to my house.

3 cats: Romeo and Juliette we found homeless living under a walkway at a shopping center as winter encroached. It took us 3 days to gain their trust and get them home. They've been here for a few years now, love 'em both to death. (Romeo is sleeping on my lap right now).

Sienna: A friend's cat we were watching -- which they didn't know was pregnant -- gave birth on my floor! Sienna is one of the babies. Little did we know, she's a dwarf. At 2 years old, she's about the size of a 2 month old kitten! (Yet has normal sized eyes....)

Beezy and Zazy: Our resident chinchies. So cute!

Chloe -- Imperial Shihtzu. She's basically a human, so I almost forgot her. We were given her because the owners could no longer take care of her. She is purebred, meant to be a show-dog, but her coat is a dark gray as opposed to black, and apparently that's unacceptable.

My Mom grew up with a monkey named Snoopy and a white macaw named Rambo. Both were adopted. My Pop Pop was a surgeon, my Mom Mom a nurse (who was going to be a silent nun until my Pop Pop forced her on a date with him by stopping an elevator in between floors and refusing to let her get off until she promised). Injured animals always found their ways there, to be tended to and released (in the case of squirrels, chipmunks, and rabbits -- though one particular squirrel loved my uncle and refused to leave) or kept as family friends.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
And so it begins again...

As I have mentioned before, I raise and train service dogs. I just placed my last dog Charlee last week with her new partner, and I already have my next puppy waiting. She is a Golden Retriever named Sammy. She's only three weeks old right now, and I won't have her until she's eight weeks old, but the breeder lets me visit her any time that I wish until then.

Sammy will be trained to be a companion dog for a young man with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome.

Not great pictures, as I visited with her after a typically long day at the office, but I'll have better pictures soon I'm sure.

Sammy3weeks01.jpg

Sammy3weeks02.jpg

Edward

Bartender
MrNewportCustom said:

I is klawin' your woolinz!

lol

She rocks. My babies were in for spaying the other week, and I'm absurdly, monstrously proud of them: but for the shaved patch, when I picked them up you wouldn't have known they'd had surgery, and all at the vet's raved aboutg how well bhaved they were. Not a peep out of them - they took their anaesthetics like troopers. :)

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
My avatar, Gus.
And eight other dogs, too. And cats. And a parrot. I live in a zoo!
Here's a little photo of the big guy, Tanner.
logo.gif

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Slim Portly said:
And so it begins again...

As I have mentioned before, I raise and train service dogs. I just placed my last dog Charlee last week with her new partner, and I already have my next puppy waiting. She is a Golden Retriever named Sammy. She's only three weeks old right now, and I won't have her until she's eight weeks old, but the breeder lets me visit her any time that I wish until then.

Sammy will be trained to be a companion dog for a young man with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome.

Not great pictures, as I visited with her after a typically long day at the office, but I'll have better pictures soon I'm sure.

Sammy3weeks01.jpg

Sammy3weeks02.jpg

such a cutie!! (puppy too!! :eek: did i say that out loud! :whistling ) and such a great job shes gonna do!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
tempestbella42 said:
such a cutie!! (puppy too!! :eek: did i say that out loud! :whistling ) and such a great job shes gonna do!
Ack, I hope you didn't mean that tired slob holding the puppy! Yes, she will perform a vital function for her partner. She'll help him with some tasks such as retrieving items that he drops, but mostly she'll be a loving and non-judgmental companion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw