Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

Truck fries......there's a taco truck that makes the rounds downtown that I catch up with from time to time. Truck fries are like a plate of loaded nachos, only they load everything on top of a big pile of French fries instead of chips. Mmmmm.

They were out of orange flavor Jarritos, so I tried a grapefruit flavor instead (it was all they had). Must remember not to do that again.

Grapefruit?! :faint:

Grapefruit?! :faint:

Growing up, a friend's mom used to make broiled grapefruit - she would sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of a cut-in-half grapefruit then toast it in the oven 'till it caramelized. It was pretty good (and nothing that involved was going with grapefruits by my not-much-for-cooking mom- sliced in half was the extent her prep), but even as a kid just sitting at a table waiting for it to finish - it seemed like a lot of work for an only okay result.

Growing up, a friend's mom used to make broiled grapefruit - she would sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of a cut-in-half grapefruit then toast it in the oven 'till it caramelized. It was pretty good (and nothing that involved was going with grapefruits by my not-much-for-cooking mom- sliced in half was the extent her prep), but even as a kid just sitting at a table waiting for it to finish - it seemed like a lot of work for an only okay result.

Grapefruit is a lie from the very beginning. The name grapefruit sucks you in and you think: grapes are good so grapefruit must be good----not. It just sucks. :p

A jalapeño burger (big, hand made burger topped with sliced fresh peppers and queso dip) and a couple of glasses of sweet tea from a joint downtown called G-dawgs. I'm pretty sure the G is for Ghetto but the food is sure good.

O'Sully

Familiar Face
Bob Sykes is ok, never cared much for their sauce.
One of my guys wanted to eat at Bright Star. I told him only if he was paying.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Having a late brunch .
French toast, bacon, orange juice & coffee.

Everything tastes great....especially when served in bed
while watching tennis live from London ! :)

Last edited:
Bob Sykes is ok, never cared much for their sauce.
One of my guys wanted to eat at Bright Star. I told him only if he was paying.
No doubt. $$$$$$$

My mom's parents lived over in that part of town when I was growing up. Had many a Sunday dinner at the Bright Star but it's been probably 30 years since I was there last. Honestly, I'm amazed it's still around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24