Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LW Moose hide LT/A and J-24

Current state of the culprit…

D0DEB755-E251-42A7-A5CE-5E1455DCCE0C.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Yep, it's flaky bits that make the whole thing appear worse than it actually is and that's just coating anyway, which is replaceable. You can shave it off and just cover it with a bit of shoe polish or wax & then work the panel out to make the grain more prominent. I agree that the scratches will fade in with the character Lost Worlds jackets are known for. My jacket was changing on a daily basis, even though I got it used.

It'll be good.

Let's see the culprit, though.

Here, just snapped these, as you see it is much better after my scissor work:

G2tCqtN.jpg

iyVKzh3.jpg

I just can't see myself paying 800$ to fix that, it feels ridiculouse.

Also, considering this hide has a very soft top coat it is going to show wear at the edges of the lapels super fast, once the sleeves, lapels, and collar have edge wear it is all going to blend in. My green moose Peacoat shows a lot of wear on all the edges.

If anyone asks what the scratches are i'll just say i survived a tiger attack.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Here, just snapped these, as you see it is much better after my scissor work:

G2tCqtN.jpg

iyVKzh3.jpg

I just can't see myself paying 800$ to fix that, it feels ridiculouse.

Also, considering this hide has a very soft top coat it is going to show wear at the edges of the lapels super fast, once the sleeves, lapels, and collar have edge wear it is all going to blend in. My green moose Peacoat shows a lot of wear on all the edges.

If anyone asks what the scratches are i'll just say i survived a tiger attack.
That does look a lot better now.

Kenan

A-List Customer
Next time you see me i shall be wearing a nice fluffy hat in the shape of a cat.
I could cry...

4b6FQg1.jpg
Wow I feel sorry for you! That makes my J-24 “issues” feel like nothing. Awesome jacket though. You truly have the best collection in the game!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The crime scene:

U4TfkLu.jpg

I have been leaving jackets like that for as long as i have lived here and she has never done that before.
She has never done her claws on any furniture, never even looked at our leather couch in the living room, never looked at a leather jacket.
I won't be doing that anymore...

I'm guessing she decided to sleep on the leather jacket and figured it would knead on it beforehand, as they always do. This is considered to be a blessing in some cultures. Most probably.

dwilson

A-List Customer
FWIW I went to the end of this thread and had to go back a page to even know wtf you were talking about with your scissor work since I literally saw nothing

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
The crime scene:

U4TfkLu.jpg

I have been leaving jackets like that for as long as i have lived here and she has never done that before.
She has never done her claws on any furniture, never even looked at our leather couch in the living room, never looked at a leather jacket.
I won't be doing that anymore...
Having grown up with both cats & dogs on our farm in Illinois, while cats look and normally are sweet and innocent, they can and will attack, if needed. Your female cat intended nothing wrong here very likely, but rather like Monitor indicated decided to sleep on your jacket instead of her blanket. Maybe the moose hide has a different smell that attracts her? She is a nice little cat, but perhaps she may need to see the vet about having her front claws clipped back - or removed.

Glad the jacket is looking better there!

Last edited:
Man I could never leave my jackets on the couch like that. My past three dogs would've been fine but my current would shred it to bits in a matter of seconds...jacket does look much improved after snipping off the "skin tags" left by the savage beasts attack.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Man I could never leave my jackets on the couch like that. My past three dogs would've been fine but my current would shred it to bits in a matter of seconds...jacket does look much improved after snipping off the "skin tags" left by the savage beasts attack.

My dogs would just sleep on the jackets if I left them on a couch , but my wife and/or my teenage daughters would probably shred ME.

This guy doesn’t mess around. I turn my back on him and he’ll chew my ass off. He’s a “Texas Red Healer”. Basically a dog so obscene even the Australians couldn’t deal with the beast and had to send them to the worst place on earth imaginable. Apologies to any Texans.
1B7F84F9-0366-42C2-9A85-C635565D5808.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Love cats, they however, never damage any leather jackets. They did damage many expensive suit pants when they jumped on me to greet me as I returned home from work.
My rescued dog did go Rambo in a brand new never worn set of cordovan boots that I had just conditioned. I have several pair of shoes next to this boots, but he only wen to the cordovan shell. He did damage the boots really bad. Brian and Nacho (Role Club)will be doing the repair work. Nacho was going to do it but broke his arm in a freak accident.

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here a website describes how to deal with leather damage caused by cats (in german or french). Google translator can surely also help in english.
Here it is recommended to glue the upstanding leather pieces back in place.
Or cut them off and smooth out the uneven areas with liquid leather if necessary.
In any case, certain products are recommended for this purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot