Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M40- german field trousers

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
I saw these trousers on the SOF-website and am thinking about ordering those, to wear as an everyday, casual, highwaisted wool-pant..

Anyone on the lounge have one of these and could you please tell about the quality, fit etc.

Thanks much,
Diego

TG558.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
t_11_01.jpg
another pic, from the epicmilitaria site, also uk-based..

here's a detail-shot of a M37 fieldpant, it is said to be no different than the M40, this pic is taken from the At the front -site
g_uni_M37_trou_rear.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
I saw these trousers on the SOF-website and am thinking about ordering those, to wear as an everyday, casual, highwaisted wool-pant..

Anyone on the lounge have one of these and could you please tell about the quality, fit etc.

Thanks much,
Diego

There are too many makers of these to list, throughout China, the US and Europe, and the quality varies. They're warm and comfortable and look good. Great for hiking.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Djgo-cat-go, one issue could be the kleur.
Can you combine and accessorise with this field-grey?
You can also get a Luftwaffe version of this trouser, which is a blue-grey.
I think they may be a bit too woolly for everyday pants but as CP said,
good for the outdoor activities.

B
T

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
Djgo-cat-go, one issue could be the kleur.
Can you combine and accessorise with this field-grey?
You can also get a Luftwaffe version of this trouser, which is a blue-grey.
I think they may be a bit too woolly for everyday pants but as CP said,
good for the outdoor activities.

B
T

That's a good one, I will look into the luftwaffe version, it could be difficult to combine the field-grey with what I have in my closet.

I was actually thinking of wearing these trousers for my work, which is at outdoors-locations most of the time..

Thanks for the tips.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Creeping Past said:
There are too many makers of these to list, throughout China, the US and Europe, and the quality varies. They're warm and comfortable and look good. Great for hiking.

Epic militaria claims theirs is UK-made.. don't know if that should be considered a higher quality standard than US or european.. But for 49,95 pounds sterling, I think it's worth the try..

I love hiking.

sproily

Practically Family
Sarka is a sort of wool cloth that is made by fulling, which is similar to felting. Used in military clothing throughout the world.

In finnish "vanuttaa" (to make cloth denser and firmer by soaking, beating and pressing)

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
Diego, The '37 Feldhosen, Steingrau are very nice. Like heavy grey flannels, basically. Worn mine a lot lately. Can't remember where I got them from but I had to fiets to Schiphol to pick 'em up!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mysterious Mose said:
Diego, The '37 Feldhosen, Steingrau are very nice. Like heavy grey flannels, basically. Worn mine a lot lately. Can't remember where I got them from but I had to fiets to Schiphol to pick 'em up!

Yeah, high-waisted flannels.. I was wondering why the Feldhosen wasn't discussed in an earlier thread (could've missed it..).

Well, I've made up my mind.. I'm ready to place an order.

was wel een eindje fietsen van Mokum naar Schiphol?:)

Chrome

One of the Regulars
I like my Luftwaffe pants, bit too short for me but I bought those from ebay about 35$ including postages.

Those are quite thick modern overcoat weight wool, but not nearly as thick as my original swedish serge pants. Main reason why I like these is wearable weighted and not so firm as military serge. Finnish spring and autumn is quite cold long and rainy so those are really good investment.

That's why I bought my cotton drillich (german hbt) pants also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass