Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maclachlan Hats

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Tim. Took me over a year but I have some stiff competition. The journey, however, is all part of the fun. If your past successes are any indication of the future you're bound to snag a great one soon enough.
Only if I'm caught napping again. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
He's a 6-7/8, so he should be safe.

When I went through this thread you posted a wonderful cream one that looks sort of similar with a mid ribbon and thin bound edge:
IMG_2076.JPG
Hard to say based on the pictures but it looks like yours has more crown height and perhaps a little less brim. Can you confirm, and if so, what are the specs?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
He's a 6-7/8, so he should be safe.

When I went through this thread you posted a wonderful cream one that looks sort of similar with a mid ribbon and thin bound edge:
View attachment 203860
Hard to say based on the pictures but it looks like yours has more crown height and perhaps a little less brim. Can you confirm, and if so, what are the specs?
I think you're right

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
A milk chocolate mid-ribbon Mac Lachlan:
View attachment 203529 View attachment 203530 View attachment 203531
Specs:
2-1/2" Brim
3/16" Bound edge (symmetric)
5-1/4" Crown (open)
1" Ribbon
93g Weight
Tagged 7-1/8 but the seller's measurements suggested it fit more like a 7-1/4, so I took a chance. Sure glad I did because it does indeed fit like one. The ribbon was partially folded over on itself so it'll need a little bit of TLC, but otherwise in great condition. Now I know why Doc Max likes these hats so much. Might not be the ever elusive 100 but a mighty fine hat nonetheless.
Nice, Nice find!!!! You took the Right chance alright!!!!

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Obit of founder George McLachlan and his two companies: George McLachlan and Sons Inc, and MacLachlan Hats Inc. Also a 1961 article about probable closure of the first.

Of note: H. McLachlan & Co., Inc. was a different brand founded earlier by George’s brother Harry.

5C087BCE-4B0C-4A39-9DA3-DA570B27C9C5.png
023D52DF-45A7-4C9C-A237-F7E80CDF3BB2.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24