Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wire9Vintage said:
Yes, with Anna presumably exiting soon, that seems to be the last (personal) tie holding Don down aside from his children. Or will it open a whole can o' worms as he straddles being Dick and Don both in dealing with her death? This will get very interesting indeed...

And will "drunk Lane" be a recurring character? 'Cause, if so, what on earth will happen to the new company?? He's the responsible one!
Anna's death will also be the end of Dick Whitman, as she is the only one who truly knows the man.
Joan's husband turned out to be kind of lovable in this episode, very different from the creep we've seen previously. Of course this is the set up for Joan's heartbreak when he surely gets killed in Vietnam.

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
flat-top said:
Anna's death will also be the end of Dick Whitman, as she is the only one who truly knows the man.
Joan's husband turned out to be kind of lovable in this episode, very different from the creep we've seen previously. Of course this is the set up for Joan's heartbreak when he surely gets killed in Vietnam.

I agree!

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
I've become thoroughly tired of this series. I'm not sure why I got sucked into it in the first place, but the first three episodes of season 4, to me, were dull, flat, tedious, and uninteresting. No one is likable, I wouldn't want to associate with any of them in real life, and I generally detest advertising in the first place.

At least "Bewitched" was funny. [huh]

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Vornholt said:
I've become thoroughly tired of this series. I'm not sure why I got sucked into it in the first place, but the first three episodes of season 4, to me, were dull, flat, tedious, and uninteresting. No one is likable, I wouldn't want to associate with any of them in real life, and I generally detest advertising in the first place.

At least "Bewitched" was funny. [huh]
I'm beginning to feel that with season 4, and I'm really mad they skipped 1964 and all the culture associated with that year - British Invasion! They need to show more of what life was like then, and stop concentrating on the stupid little problems everyone is having; its beginning to be a soap! But the advertising part I like

Mr Vim

One Too Many
The thing that upset me with episode 403 was that Roger Sterling was in it for ten seconds and did not have a single line. He's the real star of the show.

bradford

Familiar Face
Anyone else notice that Don's hair seemed just slightly longer in the last episode? Maybe it's just because it wasn't as brylcremed as in previous seasons, but it seemed a bit longer to me.

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
habberdasher said:
I'm beginning to feel that with season 4, and I'm really mad they skipped 1964 and all the culture associated with that year - British Invasion! They need to show more of what life was like then, and stop concentrating on the stupid little problems everyone is having; its beginning to be a soap! But the advertising part I like

It always was at least half-soap opera.

I'm only catching Season 4 through AMC's synopses and recap videos so far but it looks like I may be in for a big disappointment. I'm hooked; I'm attached to the characters so I'll watch to the bitter end.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Mr Vim said:
The thing that upset me with episode 403 was that Roger Sterling was in it for ten seconds and did not have a single line. He's the real star of the show.
Yeah they got to show him more he's always drunk but witty and controlled

habberdasher

A-List Customer
bradford said:
Anyone else notice that Don's hair seemed just slightly longer in the last episode? Maybe it's just because it wasn't as brylcremed as in previous seasons, but it seemed a bit longer to me.
I thought he got it cut a bit - the back was shorter to me, and he always has that rat tail at the back.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Moss & Armisen

Seems that after a whirlwind romance & wedding, Elisabeth Moss is separated after 7 months of marriage.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/08/13/elisabeth-moss-fred-armisen-breakup/

3935442743_6316bc4cbb.jpg

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
Very sorry to hear that. I remember when January Jones was on SNL and he played a huge fan in the audience who said 'I like Peggy'.

habberdasher

A-List Customer

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I knew that chick was a lesbiterian (not that there's anything wrong with that) the moment I laid eyes on her.

Such is the quality of my gaydar.
nod1.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner