Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

Tommy

One of the Regulars
How does one go from not knowing one is pregnant to in labor in ten minutes?

"I'm back Mr. Draper. Sorry I'm a little late. Imagine my surprise when I had a baby at lunchtime." :(

I wouldn't have believed it myself except a niece of my wife had the exact same situation. We had infrequent family run ins with her up until the time she went into labor, and we were like what? She was clueless.

Which made that whole scene with Peggy the most believeable thing I saw on the show up until that point.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Which made that whole scene with Peggy the most believeable thing I saw on the show up until that point.

Slightly OT: It is possible. It would have to be a perfect storm of events, but it is entirely possible. This is why the story is believable:

a) Peggy was naive. I don't know exactly how the Pill in the 60's worked, but modern ones take 2-3 weeks to work, and also must be taken religiously to be effective.
b) Some women do gain weight during pregnancy in a way that it doesn't really show. Putting on a lot of poundage, like pregnancy, can also remove the telltale sign that you aren't with child.
c) Still more women don't have symptoms, or they are so slight they go unnoticed.

The naivety is the key point - A more savvy woman would probably have suspected.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Where's Joan Rivers when you need her......

108083714_gallery_main.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Christina in "real life" almost always looks less than stellar. I wish she could use the Mad Men stylists for all her red carpet appearances! But, I really feel for her. Modern "stylish" clothes are not cut for her figure, they're made for the Kate Mosses and Victoria Beckhams of the world, and designer samples are all going to be 0s and 2s, nowhere near her size. Ridiculous. Some savvy designer could make a killing by outfitting her and using her as a model.

Beautiful woman - awful dress.

The sad thing is that all the "fashion" reporters *raved* about how gorgeous January looked in that red abomination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou