Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made my first horsehide A-2

fishmeok

Vendor
I was going for more of a Doniger feel on this one, still need to work on the details though.

More pics here:
http://superiorjackets.com/?p=524

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

andy richards

Practically Family
What an excellent looking A-2 jacket you have made. Looks superb to me, congratulations! Also a very nice web-site, very informative and well made !
Andy

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
WOW! I love it!!! Great work! BTW, I was looking over your site. I love the stratoliner. I'm thinking of getting it to replace a schott b-3 that I plan to sell since I have lost some weight and now wear a size 40.

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks for the compliments- the horse is from Horween in Chicago, it's about 1.2 MM thick. A-2's are fun to make, lots of intricate little details to geek out about, like how the "X" pattern on the epaulet is stitched and the differences in topstitching edge distance.

Cheers
Mark

fishmeok

Vendor
shortbow said:
Beauty, Mark. Wanna trade it for that old Avirex I got from you?lol

Ps. Site? What site?

Ha!- I almost cut that one up a few years ago to see how A-2's are made... fortunately I found a better resource (John Chapman).

My site is superiorjackets.com
Cheers
Mark

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Superb Jacket... looks good on you! I do like the collar line, too!

I was thinking to make me a leather Jacket, too... but somehow I´m "afraid" of the material... have never worked with leather by now.

Navin323i

Practically Family
You have an AMAZING talent, Mark... beautiful jackets!

I'd love to learn how to make my own leather jackets someday but sadly my sewing skills are zero and would need to first learn how to stitch a simple button, lol. :D

Afterall... you can't walk until you've taken those first baby steps, you know. ;)

Windward

Practically Family
Mark - Great work great talent (and ...may I say...also a very nice guy...?)
You cannot go wrong if you start your own business.
Great website with impressive pics!
Best luck and wishes...

fishmeok

Vendor
Here's another try- I modified the pocket flaps and collar bit, and tried some different cotton broadcloth for the liner.
Cheers
Mark

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg