Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnoli Clothiers: My new belted-back jacket

Barry

Practically Family
It arrived yesterday. I took some photos this afternoon after wearing it around since early this morning. It's 11oz "marsh brown" tweed.

I love it!

Barry

barry-belt.jpg

side_belt.jpg

back-belt.jpg

sleeve-belt.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Mr Gittes Repro Jacket

That looks great - the material is a gas. The bespoke buttons are especially nice. The original did not have that back pleating at all? Or that big dimple style back pleat?

Jay

Practically Family
That's a real nice jacket, Barry. At first glance the color combination of pants and jacket reminded me of Sean Connery in Goldfinger when Oddjob demonstrates his hat and such at the golf course.

Barry

Practically Family
Thanks guys...

The trousers are Bill's Khakis gabardine (British Khaki, I think). The jacket might look a bit better with a darker pair of trousers. Either way, it's a fine jacket. It's comfortable, fits well and the price was right.

Mr. Fox at W.M. Fox and Co. in DC took the measurements and that was a big help. Indy Magnoli mentioned that the original arm-hole measurement seemed a bit like a modern measurement. We tweaked it a couple of inches and it worked out perfectly.

Barry

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket, but have you considered having matching pants made while the fabric is still available?

Might be glad you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit