Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Make-up for oily skin

Lillemor

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Another thing that works instead of adding layers and layers of powder is to dab with a wet cotton ball whenever necessary, several times a day. Just cold water and cotton, it actually soaks up excess oil and makes you feel a little fresher, and if you then powder on top of it it will sit nicer on the skin.
I'm in my late 20s so the greasiness isn't as bad as it used to be, but it's gone a bit worse again after I quit the pill ... urgh.

Hmmm...I usually buy those packs of cotton ball pads. They're not too difficult to carry around and COOPs are dead cheap too.

I find that after I've entered my 30s, my skin is acting up again and becoming greasier. The zits don't appear in the same places as when I was a teenager though.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
There is no exogenous remedy for oily skin, it has to come from the inside. But you can somewhat control it with stuff like that.

On another note, my skin is loving the cold cream! :D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
I would suggest going into sephora and talking with someone who works there. If you don't live near a sephora here are a few suggestions...

Clinac O. C. oil control gel.
Dermadoctor Tease Zone oil controlling gel.

Here's a weird one...Milk of Magnesia from the drugstore, applied with a cotton ball after washing and drying but before moisturizing. I had a friend once who said this works??

Spaugs

New in Town
Where can you buy cigarette paper? Only cigarette stores? Or can you get them at grocery stores?

I have been using tissues and toilet paper (the cheaper the better, oddly enough) and that seems to be a good, cheap way of blotting off oil. Has anyone else tried this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy