Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makeup help!

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Hey Ladies,

I've come to you for help (yet again ;)) I'm looking for a perfect foundation. I want something matte, but can cover very well. Also, I'm very fair/pinkish, which I've come to find is a very difficult color to match. Cost isn't really an issue, because honestly, I'm desperate for a foundation that works for me! If you girls have any recommendations, I would really appreciate it.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Besame in Bisque or any of the palest Bourjois shades. Matte Lovely by Bourjois has good coverage - but the Besame fits your requirements perfectly. I have the same kind of skin and I LOVE this foundation!!! Find it here:

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/

Hope this helps!:)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Sorry for multiple posts but...

Oh yeah - you should buy a couple of samples first, to make sure it works for you before you splash out. The coverage is very good so even the tiny samples last for ages. And the jar the foundation comes in has the added bonus of being vintage style... win-win!

Classydame

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
Besame in Bisque or any of the palest Bourjois shades. Matte Lovely by Bourjois has good coverage - but the Besame fits your requirements perfectly. I have the same kind of skin and I LOVE this foundation!!! Find it here:

http://www.besamecosmetics.com/

Hope this helps!:)

I second your choice...I hate foundation but I love Besame's. The bisque is a perfect match. I ordered a sample first and am still using it but I was able to buy the regular size on Saturday at their shop. Gabriela is just really sweet and it is fun to talk to her. She has a lot of new stuff coming out in 2007.

Good luck!;)
Shellie

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Classydame said:
I second your choice...I hate foundation but I love Besame's. The bisque is a perfect match. I ordered a sample first and am still using it but I was able to buy the regular size on Saturday at their shop. Gabriela is just really sweet and it is fun to talk to her. She has a lot of new stuff coming out in 2007.

Good luck!;)
Shellie

New stuff, eh? I hope it's that Art Deo style lipstick I saw advertised on their site. I'm dying to see it!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Kim_B said:
Bare Minerals is wonderful. Not vintage, but very wonderful.

http://www.bareminerals.com/

I'm also a big fan of Bare Minerals. The stuff is amazing! You can make the coverage as light or as heavy as you need, and it is actually good for your skin! When I wear foundation, I either use this or Burt's Bees tinted moisturizer if it is very dry or cold outside. On top of that, I use the Coty Airspun powder in Translucent. I don't need a heavy coverage, so most days I just wear the Coty powder in Translucent Extra Coverage and buff it on with a kabuki brush, much like Bare Minerals. It lasts all day and gives a nice matte finish, is dirt cheap, smells great, and comes in a super cute vintage container!

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Besame new stuff...

JazzBaby said:
New stuff, eh? I hope it's that Art Deo style lipstick I saw advertised on their site. I'm dying to see it!

Yep, its the Art Deco lipstick, three new types of lipstick, and black and purple mascara. The lipstick if I remember right will be a new silicone type, a glossy and a moisturizing. I'm excited about the Art Deco too.

Take care,
Shellie

ITG

Call Me a Cab
JazzBaby mentioned Besame. The good thing about this cosmetic line is that they will send out a sample for a minimal fee and you can test it out to see how you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy