Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Male Facial Hair Care

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Thank You, Caity Lynn! Great tutorial.

Also, as Barbigirl mentioned in the other thread, waxing is much less painful. ZIP and it's done, rather than *plink!* *Plink!* *Plink!* one at a time.

Brook Shields' brows were all the thing for a long time. They look like bands of soft mink. Amazing.

I tried an eyebrow waxing once and it made me bleed. If you're going to have that done, make sure you don't have to go anywhere for a few hours.

Mike K.

One Too Many
For guys who can't take a little tweezing pain, or just need a quick fix, here's a simple tip. Your average shaving razor (Gillette sensor, Mach III, etc.) is just the right width, at about 1.25", to remove the correct amount of uni-brow and tidy up your facial hair.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LocktownDog said:
Or ... let us be big burly hairy men. We have hair sprouting between our eyes, out our noses, and from inside our ears. We get bruised and scarred, but shrug it off as simple signs of living. There may be soup stains on our ties, a bit of grease on our favorite shirt, and a hole in our favorite boxers. But overall, we're good folk. We love ourselves the way we are. We love our women the way they are. Don't go complicating our lives with random tweezing and nitpicking. Just let us read our Sunday papers and feel free to smile at us once in a while.

;)

I cross reference this with the vast plethora of 'How come I can't find a mate' threads......

and suddenly it all makes -so- much more sense...... lol

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The only time there's a problem finding a mate is when someone who isn't into grooming tries to pick up someone who is. Beauty and the beast usually don't get together IRL.

Cigarband

A-List Customer
A Fool For Brooke

HadleyH said:
It's not for nothing that those eyebrows graced the cover of Vogue for almost a decade!

They are drop-dead gorgeous!

I want those eyebrows now.....

R7Q2Y8P_large.jpg

NOW THAT'S WHAT I MEANT, CARLISLE BLUES.:D Give your sister my regrets.:eek:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Shields' eyebrows may be thick and dark, but they're groomed. Note there's no unibrow, no long scraggly hairs, the eyebrows are well shaped, and the edges are well defined.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
-now- they are....but go look at that Vogue cover again.....(its a few posts up)

Stray hairs both underneath and some sticking out of the shaped line in the middle.......

-very- different levels of eyebrow grooming there...

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Double standard?

A hole in underwear? G-A-S-P

;) And you would be good with a woman who didn't shave her legs, armpits, didn't ever pluck her eybrows and completely ignored 21st century basic American female grooming?

Sorry, I will take my "grooming appearance aware" man over big burly hairy one anyday. I think grooming also reflects on one's partner.

LocktownDog said:
Or ... let us be big burly hairy men. We have hair sprouting between our eyes, out our noses, and from inside our ears. We get bruised and scarred, but shrug it off as simple signs of living. There may be soup stains on our ties, a bit of grease on our favorite shirt, and a hole in our favorite boxers. But overall, we're good folk. We love ourselves the way we are. We love our women the way they are. Don't go complicating our lives with random tweezing and nitpicking. Just let us read our Sunday papers and feel free to smile at us once in a while.

;)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Barbigirl said:
A hole in underwear? G-A-S-P

;) And you would be good with a woman who didn't shave her legs, armpits, didn't ever pluck her eybrows and completely ignored 21st century basic American female grooming?

Sorry, I will take my "grooming appearance aware" man over big burly hairy one anyday. I think grooming also reflects on one's partner.

Agreed. And there is a vast difference in being -aware- but not obsessed with grooming....its not an all or nothing sort of thing.

-Basic- care...is in no way being 'fluffy or 'obsessed with appearance'....

Basic care means you actually give a damn enough about -yourself-.....

and sorry to say if all you want is "Just let us read our Sunday papers and feel free to smile at us once in a while."

might I suggest a Cocker Spaniel...;)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie said:
-now- they are....but go look at that Vogue cover again.....(its a few posts up)

Stray hairs both underneath and some sticking out of the shaped line in the middle.......

-very- different levels of eyebrow grooming there...

Yes--I was referring to the photos after the Vogue picture.

Personally, while I don't like a unibrow or the Chia pet look on anyone, I prefer thicker eyebrows over extreme plucking. The latter often ends up asymmetrical.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
and sorry to say if all you want is "Just let us read our Sunday papers and feel free to smile at us once in a while."

might I suggest a Cocker Spaniel...;)

I love my dog. :D

And I'm not saying "no grooming at all." Rather, as you put it, aware but not obsessed. I'm no metrosexual male model, nor do aspire to be one.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
DITTO- is that word too dated to use, probably! I completely agree with Barbigirl.

In two words, gentlemen: grooming MATTERS.

A well groomed man (in addition to being well dressed) is a good thing!

Barbigirl said:

celtic

A-List Customer
billyspew said:
:arated: here.

My opinion is that many women think too much about their own eyebrows.

While I don't like a the unibrow or fuzzy caterpiller look, I am not a big fan of the shaved, penciled-on look nor the sculpted dyed look.

In my opinion, eyebrows should almost go completely unnoticed...

It's when they are way too large or way too small that I think they are unpleasant.

To me they should frame your eyes, not divert attention AWAY from your eyes.

As far as my own, I use a combination battery operated nose/ear/eyebrow trimmer that has a small comb attachment. I don't stress too much about it...I just make sure I don't look like a wookie.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Brookes's brows are breathtaking, there's something magnetic about her strong, masculine eyebrows against her delicate, feminine features. Also, the contrast between dark thick brows and light, dreamy eyes can strike like lightning. My idol Liz Taylor is the perfect example, but since this is a thread about male facial hair after all, let's stick to the men:

Wes Bentley:

Oh, yes!
dark.jpg
ab.jpg

Oh, no!
wes-bentley.jpg
wes_bentley.jpg

Elijah Wood (in the Brooke/Vogue pose)
Yes, yes, yes!
241921.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads