Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Male Facial Hair Care

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Men eyebrows

Monty Cliff
Did he care? No he did not
Did he look good? Yes he did
Did he give a fig? No he didn't
And why he didn't give a fig? Because he had more important things to worry about.

A bit of plucking in the middle and that's that for heavens sake:mad:
9648372_gal.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I found a pic of myself before I started plucking and forming my brows (to try to make them look 50s)! They're not as impressive as Brooke's though:
fed4imm018_17Akanonbild.jpg

Monty is handsome, but his eyebrows are a little freaky if you look at them for a while :eek:

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I think per the usual for here....everyone has jumped to some extremes...

sure...some of us women would like men to have -some- care with their grooming and appearance...but no where did we say 'we want 'metrosexual male models'....and other things that have been alluded to by some of the posts.

But 'no thought because there are more important things to do'...is the other extreme...

I think I shall start claiming that I have more important things to do then any of the grooming that men would like in womankind (trust me..saying groom less, we dont demand it of you is bullcrap, you want groomed, you just dont want to -know- about it) ....because if they have more important things...then so do I. ;)

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HadleyH said:
Monty Cliff
And why he didn't give a fig? Because he had more important things to worry about.

Thank you HadleyH.....as usual you are a breath of fresh air. You are so right some things are more important than others. ;) ;) :eusa_clap :)

I really did not know how to break the news to the mavens of male grooming that moderation in thought and speech will get you a lot further than "Browbeating". shakeshead

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Well.

Clift paid such close attention to his looks that when they were compromised after an auto accident, he embarked on "the longest suicide in Hollywood history," drugging and drinking himself to death.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
HadleyH said:
Monty Cliff

I think most men with such stunning good looks wouldn't give a fig about plucking their eyebrows, either.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
I really did not know how to break the news to the mavens of male grooming that moderation in thought and speech will get you a lot further than "Browbeating". shakeshead

Funny....I don't think anyone was 'browbeating' (very punny) you all into being effeminate or anything.......odd that you all take that from comments suggesting 'basic' maintenance....

Carlisle Blues

Miss Neecerie said:
Funny....I don't think anyone was 'browbeating' (very punny) you all into being effeminate or anything.......odd that you all take that from comments suggesting 'basic' maintenance....

Clearly, you are taking my comments out of context and obfuscating their meaning. [huh] [huh]

I think Caity Lynn's instructional post regarding "Male Facial Hair" was quite appropriate. After all, that was merely informative and suggestive. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It seems like a little attention to keeping stray eyebrow calves inside the fences, yank out nose and ear Hobbity Stuff, keep finger and toe nails short and free of carburetor scrapings, keep your holiness in church and outta your underwear drawer, try to warsh every day and you're pretty good to go.

(And eat fish twice a week) lol

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Yep, hopefully that should pretty much do it. :) Though regular use of hand lotion and skin moisturizer is also well appreciated...

scotrace said:
It seems like a little attention to keeping stray eyebrow calves inside the fences, yank out nose and ear Hobbity Stuff, keep finger and toe nails short and free of carburetor scrapings, keep your holiness in church and outta your underwear drawer, try to warsh every day and you're pretty good to go.

(And eat fish twice a week) lol

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues You are welcome! :D

Paisley Absolutely! :cheers1:

Miss Neecerie he-he may be you are right! i tend to be a little passionate about my convictions! :p

Scotrace Yes! fish is very good! lol ---but seriously i agree again with you that a bit of grooming in men is not a bad thing and that "cleanliness is next to godliness", no doubt about it! :)

Miss 1929

Especially the hands!

chanteuseCarey said:
Yep, hopefully that should pretty much do it. :) Though regular use of hand lotion and skin moisturizer is also well appreciated...

Or we will never allow you to touch our lovely, stockinged legs.

And don't forget, if you smell good, you probably taste good too!

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
celtic said:
My opinion is that many women think too much about their own eyebrows.

I actually Do. I used to not care...at all...
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/Caity_Lynn_Susan/me for editing/n640721797_322177_1837.jpg

but then I started taking care of them, and it wasn't so bad, BUT once, I let a friend do my eyebrows, after an HOUR of excruciating pain, bleeding and "suck it up, it's almost done, you look fine. They're not too thin!" as she pulled eyebrows from the end snapping them straight out in a VERY painful way. Then spending the rest of the summer covering up my eyebrow tan lines and trying to fill/grow in the line of 3 hairs left...

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/Caity_Lynn_Susan/me for editing/beach.jpg

Now I'm ocd about eyebrows and keeping mine very well kept

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/Caity_Lynn_Susan/me for editing/P5220237-1-1.jpg

armod

Familiar Face
Audrey Horne said:
I think these are impressive:

chevalierbysheri.jpg
schanibysheri.jpg
georgelutz.jpg
steveparsons.jpg
hagen.jpg
sensoy.jpg

I have great appreciation for men who grow those amazing face sculptures as I have enough trouble with maintaining my less extravagant mustache with some curl at the outer ends.

I had it just right a few weeks ago and ruined it while trimming.

now I have to grow the shape back into it

davestlouis

Practically Family
Good grief, my barber trims the wiry gray long eyebrow hairs that are only growing in on my left side, even trims my ears for me...I'll yank out any stray long eyebrows in between visits...and he only charges $9 for a haircut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner