Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maltese Falcon Replica - Advice Needed!

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone, I realise this is a subject that's been posted about before but I was wondering if anyone knows which of the various (available) replicas is the best one to go for?

Since trolling the internet today and looking up the posts here I've just got to have one for my office! Any advice is greatly appreciated...

Michael.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
You could always post in the classifieds that you want one and maybe someone here might have one that they would want to sell, but i'd imagine you'd have to pay a hefty price. I have one but I'm not wanting to part with mine at this time unless it was the right price and even then I'm not sure if I could go through with it.

MJCR

One of the Regulars
I'm pretty much resigned to getting one of the other makes available, they don't look as good but it's still a fun thing to have!

MJCR

One of the Regulars
Mike in Seattle said:
Haunted Studio ones occasionally drop to $50 or so if you watch Ebay.

Thanks Mike, that's good to know, the full price one is $150 on their website so I'll be checking eBay!

Michael

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Good things come to those who wait.;)

boyd_w_mag_sm.jpg

MJCR

One of the Regulars
MK said:

boyd_w_mag_sm.jpg

Ah! The holy grail of falcons! I tried getting an inferior one from haunted studios via ebay but had a terrible time with them. Very poor communication and a huge wait with no dingus at the end. After paying for quick delivery but waiting over a month I asked for a refund. Sad times.

MK, if you ever make any more, count me in!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'd bet a lot of Lounge members would pop for one if another run was announced. I know I'd give up some dough for one.

...call me sick, but it's begging to be made into a lamp. I know, I know, heresy. Sam Spade might've done it after the case was over...

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
MJCR said:
Ah! The holy grail of falcons! I tried getting an inferior one from haunted studios via ebay but had a terrible time with them. Very poor communication and a huge wait with no dingus at the end. After paying for quick delivery but waiting over a month I asked for a refund. Sad times.

MK, if you ever make any more, count me in!
I bought the one from Haunted Studios and was very happy with their work, it is a high quality falcon, with a very heavy weight. It would be neat to have a contest with side by side comparisons including the smaller cheaper replicas. I packed my Haunted one away in its original case with certificate of authenticity till I can get the place straightened out more to display it, but will post pictures next chance I get. The pic I posted earlier in this thread from their site is accurate to the item.

I would have considered buying an MK one if they were available, and the price was reasonable, but I'm very happy with the H.S. one, looks just like the movie prop to me. Of course there's only one original movie prop falcon, but I don't think I can afford it on my current salary :(

Haunted Studio was very late in their shipment. I did email them and they did respond. I did have to remind them that I hoped to see it before I had to file a claim with eBay and with my credit card company, and it showed up promptly afterward, with a sincere handwritten apology and $25 discount certiifcate toward next purchase (tho I can't say I see anything else of theirs I want at the moment). MCJR, I'm very sad to hear you didn't get yours. It's been indicated to me by others who bought props from them, that this is a pattern for them of being late and requiring "coaxing", but previously I've heard that they always end up delivering the goods. Like someone said, thiers sometimes is (was?) listed as an "auction" and goes for less, around $50-$60.

I've got a new neighbor across the street with his family, from Egypt, and am helping him with setup of his business. He keeps asking me to tell him anything I want from Egypt - took me a long time to think of anything. But then realized, they must make some incredibly cool dinguses (king tut, sphynx, etc...) so requested a particular sphynx, awaiting with great anticipation...

- C H

treinman

New in Town
MK said:

boyd_w_mag_sm.jpg

Hello all. First post here... I'm a regular at the RPF.

Now, was it just me who took MK’s post this way? I read into it “Good things come to those who wait” that maybe he’s thinking of another run???

PLEASE! :)

And in case I miss it, just PM me, and count me in!

-- Tim

Feraud

Bartender
I think it would be logical to realize Classic Style business is going to take precedence before another run of falcons, Fedora Lounge pins or hats hit the street.

Has anyone considered doing their own run of falcons? Are there any members here who frequent the prop boards and have applicable carving and casting skills?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland