Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Vintage?

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hi all! I'm visiting NYC briefly in a couple of weeks for my pilot (check it out! Trailer up here!). I'd like to vintage shop in NYC, and, dare I hope it (being the thrifty type) hit a gooood thrift or two as well. In Manhattan. Am I crazy? Or do good bargainey vintage places exist there?

PS - If you don't want to give away your good stores to your fellow locals, but don't mind telling someone who'll only visit rarely, please PM me! lol

wowandflutter

New in Town
living there this summer, i found that there are very few places that have affordable vintage clothing.
stella dallas is a nice shop though, with lots of 50s day & eveningwear that is in stunning condition. its near the west 4th stop on the A train in manhattan.
they also have a location in brooklyn, in williamsburg. its just west of the lorimer stop on the L train.

if you feel like venturing into brooklyn, there are also buy/sell/trade places like beacon's closet, which you can get to from the bedford stop on the L train. i found some nifty dresses there, if you're willing to look through things. & they're quite affordable.

ShortClara

One Too Many
thank you wow! I checked out Stella online and it looks pretty cute, if a little pricey :) I have been to beacon's closet once, but am probably not going to venture out of Manhattan this time.

Anyone else? :)

Jeynne

New in Town
Screaming Mimi's sells vintage clothing. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that they offer more in their store than they do online. And they're pretty expensive.

These are some other stores. I haven't been to them, I don't go into the city as much as I'd like to, but if you check them out, let us know how they were. :)

Alice Underground - 481 Broadway between Broom and Prince St, (212) 431-9067

Allan & Suzi - 416 Amsterdam at 80th St, (212) 724-7445

The Antique Boutique - 712-714 Broadway near 4th Street, (212) 460-8830

Canal Jeans - Broadway btwn Spring and Broom, (212) 226-1130

Cheapjack's - 841 Broadway (between 13th and 14th streets), (212) 777-9564

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
What Goes Around Comes Around has gorgeous things. Nothing I could afford, though. Vintage around here is at a serious premium.

epr25

Practically Family
i think being a man and being bigger is even worse. We have fits trying to find stuff for my bf. He's 6'3" with a 36" inseam. Yea right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy