Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark Knopfler

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
It ain't vintage - and then again.
I've just bought Mark Knopflers latest album: Kill to get crimson.
What a fantastic, wellbalanced and absolutely beautifull album.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I can only recommend it to you all.
Light the fireplace, pour a drink and listen. And listen again...

renor27

One of the Regulars
sound tracks

I bought the one from Local Hero years ago then as a CD two years ago.
Love his sound tracks, I use the music in slide shows from motorcycle adventures
Local Hero what a film got me wanting to move to a small town on the coast of the north sea, maybe some day

nyx

One of the Regulars
Romeo and Juliet is my favorite song by him. Makes me tear up a bit. I heard the Killers redid it, but I haven't heard their version. I also enjoy the Indigo Girls version as well.

Story

I'll Lock Up
You want irony?

Hearing his Mason-Dixon Line on the local radio just as you start to skirt the actual markers. In the fog. :eek:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I never forget when I heard Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe - the very first time.
Just like I never forget when I heard The Sultans of Swing the very first time. There are very few musicians with an impact like that.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

funneman

Practically Family
Twitch said:
Mark is simply one of the small handful of utterly superb pickers out there.:)

The thing that amazes me so much about him is how CLEAN he plays. No hiding behind lots of processing or effects. I've heard he rarely plays with a pick. A practice I've adopted lately with pleasing results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart