Marvels Agent Carter Fashion

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by MissNathalieVintage, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight A-List Customer

I've ordered myself a pair of the glasses. Just as they look on Peggy there, although they have options for polarized lenses, different colors, even rx.

I'm oddly excited to wear them with the Besame Red Velvet lippie from the Agent Carter collection. lol

Fading Fast likes this.
  2. Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight A-List Customer

Update on the Agent Carter glasses from Old Focals. The website description says, "Special edition of our Architect frame. Customized to replicate the frames we created for Agent Carter. These frames come with sun glass lenses installed. The frames are optical quality if you would like to change them to prescription glasses."

The quality is tops. However, I feel there's something off. I was disappointed in the way they sit on the face, and they look larger than on Hayley Atwell. She's not larger than average, and in images, the glasses look like they're somewhat smaller. in perspective. I did pay attention to the measurements on the site before ordering, compared them to glasses I own, and I looked at the few images online that I could find of others wearing them, and I did notice they seem a little big on them as well, but as all faces are different, I took the chance anyway.

The fit arm-wise is okay on me, it's the eye frames that don't work well. I'd need a very wide and high nose bridge to have these glasses not sit on my cheeks. I'll be trying silicone nose pads to see if they'll create a better fit. Overall, I'm a somewhat disappointed and considered sending them back, but I want to see if I can make them work. They're beautiful glasses so I don't want to give up. They just seem oversized compared to what I think they ought to be. For the price, especially, I wanted better.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019