Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matching orphaned waistcoat? Opinions please

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I was going through some boxes of clothing today, getting out stuff for winter and I came across a light grey pinstripe waistcoat that I forgot that I had. So, I was wondering if I could use it with a dark blue pinstripe suit that I have? The pinstripes on the vest are more narrow and the cut of the suit coat seems to accept the waistcoat quite well. Here are some pics below. Let me know what you think, should I go with or or should I pack the waistcoat away to rediscover in a year or two?

Close up of materials (almost identical to my eye) you can see how the pinstripes are not as wide on the vest

DSCF0241.JPG

And my ugly arse wearing said combo

DSCF0238.JPG

DSCF0240.JPG

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't think it works the way you're showing it above but I'll second the notion that it could work with a solid color suit.

I can only echo the two-pinstripes-is-a-tough-road-to-travel view already expressed (but with a solid, it should work fine). Also, I think you are hard on yourself - you have a very 1930s-50s "I'm a man" look and presence that is only enhanced by your bent for vintage clothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran