Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

May. '06 Vector Vixen at RetroRadar.com

Who is your favorite Vector Vixen?

• Lisa - Moreno Valley, CA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kate - Concord, CA

• Betty - Allston, MA

• Shanae - St. Louis, MO

• Laura - Albuquerque, NM

• MarieAnna - London, England

• Total voters

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Uh... these don't really look very vintage inspired. I picked Laura because she was the closest to Vintage Pinup, in my opinion :D

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Timeless style

Thanks for voting, Lauren! I agree with your comment. To me, only Lisa and Laura look truly vintage inspired. I think Kate does, too, to some degree -- she just needs a more classic hairdo for the photos. (She can't help those long legs!) And since MarieAnna claims to be a "beatnik chick," I suppose she's right on target (except that we're going for more '30s-'50s pinups than '60s). Shanae and Betty are both adorable, of course. Just not as "vintagey" as the others. :)

Honestly, we get all sorts of kooky submissions for the contest. Lots of burlesque performers and girls with tattoos. I wish there were a few more Betty Grables out there than Bettie Pages! We do our best to pick contestants who seem to understand our goal of preserving the playful and demure pinup styles of the past.

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
The Bingstress said:
Honestly, we get all sorts of kooky submissions for the contest.

I think it would be fun to see those! Maybe one of them is mine. lol Nah, I haven't entered. I'm too old. And if I did, I would go for the 1950's librarian look. :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
The Bingstress said:
Thanks for voting, Lauren! I agree with your comment. To me, only Lisa and Laura look truly vintage inspired. I think Kate does, too, to some degree -- she just needs a more classic hairdo for the photos. (She can't help those long legs!) And since MarieAnna claims to be a "beatnik chick," I suppose she's right on target (except that we're going for more '30s-'50s pinups than '60s). Shanae and Betty are both adorable, of course. Just not as "vintagey" as the others. :)

Honestly, we get all sorts of kooky submissions for the contest. Lots of burlesque performers and girls with tattoos. I wish there were a few more Betty Grables out there than Bettie Pages! We do our best to pick contestants who seem to understand our goal of preserving the playful and demure pinup styles of the past.

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

I'm sorry, Bingstress, I didn't mean to come across poorly. It was just an observation. I agree! There aren't that many gals that do classic pinups, so I give props to those that try :D

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
No worries

You didn't come across poorly at all, Lauren. It's true that not too many girls do the full-on vintage pinup look well. Props to those who try at all. :)

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Jessica

One of the Regulars
I just submitted photos for an upcoming contest. I tried to keep them as era accurate as possible. I love seeing photos of girls who try to do the same.

FOXYLISA

New in Town
RETRORADAR PINUP CONTEST

HEY CATS & KITTENS!
I'M ENTERED IN THE VECTOR VIXEN CONTEST AT RETRORADAR.COM, AND I WAS HOPING I COULD GET A FEW EXTRA VOTES BEFORE MAY'S CONTEST ENDS!
UNFORTUNATELY I JUST LEARNED THAT I AM ABLE TO POST THIS HERE.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE PLEASE VOTE FOR ME, LISA, AS MUCH AS YOU CAN IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!
THANKS A LOT!
LISA;)

FOXYLISA

New in Town
**VECTOR VIXEN PINUP CONTEST**

Hi there all you kittens,

My name is Lisa and I'm currently in the running for the retroradar.com pinup contest for May. I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to check me and the other lucious ladies out and cast a vote for who you think best captures the authentic pinup of the 1940's and 50's. Today is the last day to vote and it's a very close race! Please show your support and check out the site, it's rockin'! Thanks!;)

xoxo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails