Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

May Vector Vixen at RetroRadar.com

Who is your favorite Vector Vixen?

• Bella - Manalapan, NJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethel Lynn - Newburgh, IN

• Ava - Ontario, Canada

• Julia - Carlsbad, CA

• Marlenne - Santa Ana, CA

• Nasty Canasta - Brooklyn, NY

• Total voters

Big-T

Familiar Face
Here are our six lovely contestants for our May 2005 Vector Vixen contest. You can view more photos of each of them by visiting the main contest page. http://www.retroradar.com/Pin_Ups.7.0.html

Bella - Manalapan, NJ

Ethel Lynn - Newburgh, IN

Ava - Ontario, Canada

Julia - Carlsbad, CA

Marlenne - Santa Ana, CA

Nasty Canasta - Brooklyn, NY

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Okay, after reading the descriptions, 2 of the gals are into cheesecake modeling. After the first one I read, I thought okay, she advertises for places like the Cheesecake Factory. Then there was a 2nd gal's description that mentioned cheesecake modeling...then it got me to thinking, it must not be the Cheese cake factory type of stuff. Anyone know what they are talking about?

Big T, good to see you around. Hope you and The Bingstress are doing well.

Sharon

New in Town
I Missed this too!

I am gone 1 week and the votes are already in! :cry: Well, Ava would be my choice so I am glad her votes were the highest. Julia's description sounded really good but I guess this is based on both looks plus background and not just looks. Right? I have to give all these girls credit though. I couldn't do this...well, I could, but in private. :)

Sharon

swinggal

One Too Many
Hey girls, why don't we have a go!! We do vintage very well. I like classy vintage though, style rather than total cheesecake, so I guess I'd never have a chance.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Good idea

Swinggal, that would be a good idea. jitterbugdoll posted some that looked great. I believe the ladies of The Lounge could capture the cute girl-next-door appeal that the old pin-ups had that many of the new models forget about.

The Wolf

MissTayva

The Wolf said:
Swinggal, that would be a good idea. jitterbugdoll posted some that looked great. I believe the ladies of The Lounge could capture the cute girl-next-door appeal that the old pin-ups had that many of the new models forget about.

The Wolf

Ooooo, we should do a calendar! I was just browsing a thread on here that mentioned Fedora Lounge merchandise. The F.L. needs a pin-up calendar! :)

PS-- I voted for Ava. I think she looked the most authentic out of all the girls :)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
A calendar would be fun! I've seen other sites do "Girls of Swing" calendars and the like that were cute, tasteful and delightfully vintage.

I know I’d love the opportunity to be included in a Fedora Lounge calendar!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Fedora Lounge Calendar is a grand idea.
I've seen many and own some of the local swing calendars from the LA scene and they are pretty cool.

I know one of the locals that helped put the LA scene calendars together. Any other ladies interested?

Avid photographer,

Matt Deckard.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I thought the Virginia Beach calendar was really neat--each girl brought an Elvgren pinup to life.

But if we're thinking more Hollywood glamour, the Perth Girls of Swing Calendar was also nice.

It would be neat to give each month a theme of sorts...

I'm sure we can rustle up a few more girls!

MissTayva

Matt Deckard said:
Fedora Lounge Calendar is a grand idea.
I've seen many and own some of the local swing calendars from the LA scene and they are pretty cool.

I know one of the locals that helped put the LA scene calendars together. Any other ladies interested?

Avid photographer,

Matt Deckard.

Not sure if any of you are familiar with Sophia Wolff, but she teaches jive and '50s dancing at the big rockabilly weekenders. I know she put one together some time back. I could pick her brain about this.
I hope this is something we decide to do! I can also help cut costs... I am a graphic designer and worked many years in photography and digital photo editing. I have experience in laying out books, calendars, etc. and would be happy to do it!
C'mon ladies, speak up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn