Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McCartney's 3-Piece and the 2nd death of the 3-button

WinoJunko

One of the Regulars
I don't think its dead. Here is John Lawler (guitarist for The Fratellis) and he is wearing I think a 3 or 4 button suit. I really can't tell which, I tried watching the video to see but its too dark to see the buttons that well. Anyways, I don't think its dead.

view.php

view.php

Those are the best photos I can find, you can be the judge. I know next to nothing about suits so if I sound really stupid in this post then I'm super sorry.

Brinybay

Practically Family
I like three-buttons. If they're dead, I'll just bring 'em back.

Pardon me for reviving an old thread, but yeah, my thoughts too! (Or is that "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah", haha!) I came here looking for info on the suits the "Fab Four" were wearing in this particular clip on Youtube: The Beatles- She Loves You (1963 Live). I think they look pretty sharp and wouldn't stand out as being too "costumey". Granted, slim 20-somethings can look good in almost anything, but the same outfit may not look so great on a middle-age guy with a few extra lbs (like me), e.g. a while back I ordered what I thought was a sharp-looking suit from a Men's Wearhouse catalog, but although it looked good on the trim model, it did not do very well on me, and the tailor said even with alterations, it still wouldn't fit right. None-the-less, I would still like to try these on for size, including the shirts and ties they were wearing (but not the shoes, sorry).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy